Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dei2007 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 07:48 PM
    MTD lawn mower will not go into gear
    I have a MTD 12.5 hp 38 inch cut riding mower that was giving to me.I put a battery in it and it runs fine, but when I put it in forward or reverse, it doesn't move.Can someone help me out.Thanks Mike
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jan 4, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Have you checked drive belts? Or belt tensioners?

Good luck,
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MTD Lawn Tractor [ 8 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a 1991 MTD lawn tractor 18hp w/46" deck, 6 speed, low and high range. Over the past year 1st through 4th won't move tractor forward and I have to use position 5 or 6. Is this a problem with the trans or a drive belt problem? The only belts that have ever been changed are the deck...

MTD central park lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone have information on this lawnmower

MTD Riding Lawn Mower Tires Seized [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1996 MTD riding lawn mower that is in pretty rough shape from sitting outside and not used for 4 years. I've got it all cleaned up and tuned-up but still have a problem with the back tires. They seem as if they are stuck in gear or the breaks are locked up. I've tried pushing them, turning...

Mtd riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every one I have a very old mtd riding lawn mower that my mother gave me but it keeps throwing the drive belt. My mother thinks that the way she was putting the belt on is wrong does any one know how the belt should go on its about a 1986 model mower.

Mtd lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an MTD lawn tractor seems to act like it is sliping if forward gear I have repaced the belt. Does not do this in reverse. Could it be the transmission is that rebuildable?

View more questions Search