Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccoasis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Assets = Liabilities + Owners equity
    Amounts owed by a business to others are referred to as ______. Is it liabilities?
    Assets are financed by two sources, what are they? One is owner's equity, what is the other called accounts receivable?:rolleyes:
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2009, 11:58 AM

Amounts owed to others is a Accounts Payable, which is a Liability

Assets are financed by investments by owners(Owners Equity Account) and Financing (Liability Accounts) such as Notes Payable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Assets, Liabilities and equity [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know if this is correct, if its not an explanation would be great :) I'm not an accounting student, just taking it for GE and I'm just confused.. Indicate where each tansaction causes an increase (+), decrease (-) or no change (NC) in assets, liabilities and equity (type of...

How do I calculate revenues given assetts, liabilities, and owners equity? [ 2 Answers ]

I have to fill out the missing spots in this spreadsheet for my accounting class... I already figured out the missing assetts, liabilities, and owners equity numbers easily using the accounting equation (Assetts= liabilities + owners expense) Company X Beg of Year Assets=360 Liabilities=280...

Assets and Equity - Calculating Liabilities [ 2 Answers ]

the question is as follows: James auto Parts has assets of $9,100 and equity of $6,500. What is the amount of liabilities? What is the amount of claims? I understand the equation --assets = claims and asssets = claims/liabilities + Equity I know that the claims answer for this...

Assets=Liabilities+Stockholders' Equity [ 1 Answers ]

In what category would the following go under Received $12,000 cash from customers for contract billed in April

Why must assets always equal liabilities+owners equity? [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please answer this question? Why must assets always equal liabilities+owners equity:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search