Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bonner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Garage floor drains
    I have an attached garage without any type of floor drain. All winter we have a giant puddle of water standing between our 2 vehicles-(right where we need to walk)-the floor is unpainted concrete. Is there any solution to this other than tearing up the concrete to install a drain system?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 11:10 AM
    I have done this to mygarages and it helps but it will only work if the garage floor is sitting on its own gravel bed. I dried the floor and then put a fine soray of water to see the exact lowest spot on the floor. I then took a rotary hammer and made a 1/2" hole all the waythrough the concrete, this allows the puddle to drain into the gravel below. Do no try this if your floor is a pre-stressed concrete slab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some understanding Floor Drains. [ 1 Answers ]

We bought our current house about 3 years ago. It needed a lot of work, But that was the best we could find for my budget in the size house we Wanted. I figured we could fix it up, and it's 3 years, and we're still Fixing it up. The main delay is that I'm 100% disabled from military ...

Floor drains [ 2 Answers ]

How to put in basement floor drains

Floor drains [ 1 Answers ]

I hear a constant drip from my basement floor drain. I have filled the drain with water to ensure the trap is full. I can not find a leaky tap or toilet in the house. I have turned off the water supply to the house nothing stops the drip. What could it be. Andy :)

Garage FLoor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Our garage floor is concrete slab, and is in rather poor condition, i.e. the slab is chipping. Are there any materials that can be put over the floor to relevel it without having to repour the concrete. My main reason for asking this is that an epoxy or polyurethane coating over the...

View more questions Search