Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssanon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Printer Spooler
    Ok, I cannot seem to add a printer (add printer page is blank).. It says that printer spooler is not running when I put it up to run it says that it cannot run printer spooler on local computer... HELP!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 06:41 PM

Go to start, run and type services.msc and hit enter

Go down the list till you see print spooler and right click on it and choose properties

Go to the dropodwn box and choose automatic and the click the start button and finally click on Apply at bottom

Exit out of services and then try to install your printer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Printer spooler [ 2 Answers ]

The printer spooler keeps off and below message displays. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks a lot. Spooler SubSystem App has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. SzAppName : spoolsv.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.5512 szModName : RK3STR.dll...

Printer spooler is not working [ 2 Answers ]

Windows 2003 server is a print server ,Connected to several printers Hp Laserjet. When we click on print ,it say printer spooler service is not running.I restarted the server still the same message , I went to service and started the service ,but unforunetly it stops the services as it own. Can...

Adobe PDF Printer disappears off printer group [ 2 Answers ]

I have been using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6 for several years (have 2003 version) and all of a sudden when I attempt to convert a Publisher Document to a PDF document using the 'printer' the Adobe PDF Printer and/oris missing from list of available printers. I have removed the Adobe Acrobat...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

View more questions Search