Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2018, 09:01 AM
    How would you explain that the share of the population ages 16 to 64 claiming disability benefits from Social Security rose from 0.45 percent in 1960 to 4.42 percent in 2013 even as work got less strenuous and disabling ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2018, 01:08 PM
    Of course you have data to back that up? I trust you Tom but it's that verify thing from King Reagan that has always stuck with me. I mean JL is giddy over the unemployment numbers and you say young people are too lazy to work, and half the country is below the poverty line
    Tal, you might want to try that data stuff yourself. Your claim of 50% poverty rate is ludicrous. Actual figure is closer to 12%.

As to the unemployment figures, if Obama had ever gotten to 3.7%, you libs would have worshiped him even more than you did.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2018, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    How would you explain that the share of the population ages 16 to 64 claiming disability benefits from Social Security rose from 0.45 percent in 1960 to 4.42 percent in 2013 even as work got less strenuous and disabling ?
    This might shed some light on it Tom,

https://www.disability-benefits-help...ty-claims-rise

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Tal, you might want to try that data stuff yourself. Your claim of 50% poverty rate is ludicrous. Actual figure is closer to 12%.

As to the unemployment figures, if Obama had ever gotten to 3.7%, you libs would have worshiped him even more than you did.
    Screwed up didn't I? My bad, but the unemployment rate was going down under Obama though you give the dufus all the credit, and of course he takes it. I am sure that data trend is correct. Obama left the dufus a very strong economy considering where he started from, and I am sure you agree but worship is really the wrong word. Respect, admire, may be more accurate. If the dufus wasn't such a gloomy racist that lies all the time he might get some play from me.

Just cannot hold my nose and tolerate his behavior.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2018, 06:49 PM
    My bad, but the unemployment rate was going down under Obama though you give the dufus all the credit, and of course he takes it.
    See what I mean? You like to talk about low unemployment as long as you think you can give Mr. Obama all the credit. Truth is, Obama is the only two term pres ever who did not have a single quarter of at least 3% GDP growth. Economic genius for sure. And before anyone wants to start talking about the terrible economy that he inherited, go back and look at what Reagan inherited. It was worse, but he started a great economic revival.

If the dufus wasn't such a gloomy racist that lies all the time he might get some play from me.
    I really hate the casual way that libs throw around accusations of racism. Don't need any evidence, but just want to make the accusation. It's sickening. And, of course, you voted for someone who had quite a problem in being caught in lies, but I guess it's OK as long as that person is a democrat. Like I have said a hundred times now, it's all about politics. If you like abortion, open borders, give-away programs, and unrestricted marriage arrangements, then you vote democrat.
    Expert

Oct 24, 2018, 07:53 PM
    I don't give Obama all the credit, but he does deserve a huge chunk for his efforts, along with the congress who worked with him as well as the ACA. Now you can ignore, compare, or whatever but you cannot deny him his due. I have also written here before about the flexibility that Reagan showed back in those days dealing with his own recessionary challenges, along with his congress at the time. Just a matter of credit due.

No I do not use the racist label casually, nor the lying, cheater label, but his own words usually nail him.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-violence.html

A president wouldn’t encourage criminal violence against innocent people. If he did, his party wouldn’t stand for it. Actually, it would. Trump has been testing the GOP’s tolerance for demagoguery that explicitly promotes brutality. And so far, Republicans seem willing to go along.

https://thegrio.com/2018/10/24/trump...bia-dangerous/

As with most things, Trump has the facts and origins of the word “nationalist” completely wrong. The word isn’t “old fashioned” as he declared but instead steeped in racism and xenophobia which is why people don’t casually use it as a means of self-identification. Where the public often gets confused is with the difference between nationalism and patriotism.
    This isn't the first time either that he has exhibited racist behavior, words, or sympathies either, and not the first time I have called him a racist. He seems to have a history of it. He sickens ME!

Sooner or later you will realize I have moved well beyond Clintons defeat.

If you like abortion, open borders, give-away programs, and unrestricted marriage arrangements, then you vote democrat.
    The issues are more nuanced and complex than you seem to present or understand, so I will just offer this as rebuttal, if you can hold your nose and vote for a lying, cheating, racist dufus then you have little room to belittle dems whose positions you sorely misrepresent. I could easily say if you like lying cheating racists you vote repoob!

But I won't.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2018, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Eligibility criteria and the society is more prone to drug addiction which brings disabling illness such as depression, also there are more poor people today. Disability has nothing to do with the nature of work other than performing certain tasks may not be possible. Computerisation may have done away with many jobs disabled might do as it will continue to do away with many repetitive tasks
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2018, 10:51 PM
    Now you can ignore, compare, or whatever but you cannot deny him his due
    Well of course I can! You routinely do it with Trump, so why not with Obama?

“You know what I am? I’m a nationalist, OK? I’m a nationalist,” he continued. “Nationalist. Nothing — use that word. Use that word.”
    So putting America first is now equated with racism? Well, I have to admit that I'm relieved. If that ridiculous theory is the best you've got, then Trump is emphatically NOT a racist. But I'll have to admit that Mr. Obama was no nationalist. He could never have been accused of putting America first in anything. Sometimes I think that I'd love to see a national law that if a person accuses someone of racism with no more evidence than the flimsy silliness in the article you linked, they should be locked up in a dark, dim prison for about ten years. I know that's not reasonable, but I get tired of a lot of this nonsense. "Racism" is a word now with no real meaning. It has been destroyed by it's reckless usage.

It's right back to politics. I understand that people have differing political views, but when a person votes for the most inept, corrupt person to run for president that I know of, then I just don't think they have occupied the moral high ground and can therefore point fingers. Obama's presidency was riddled with scandal, but you think you somehow have the right to criticize Trump? It's a mystery to me.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2018, 11:08 PM
    also there are more poor people today.
    When you are dealing with percentages, that has nothing at all to do with it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 03:32 AM
    Eligibility criteria and the society is more prone to drug addiction which brings disabling illness such as depression,..........Computerisation may have done away with many jobs disabled might do as it will continue to do away with many repetitive tasks
    yes computerization eliminated some jobs opened up many others . That has always been the case with technological advance . AND since the jobs are less physically demanding there is less reason for the disabled to check out of the work force . You want to tell me there should be help in re training I'm all on board . But disability eligibility rules need to be tightened again from the emperor's social engineering tinkering . Why do you think there is an opioid addiction crisis in the country ? 50,000 people die in the US every year from opioid OD .......10,000 more than deaths at the height of the AIDS crisis .Yet it is barely reported . How many of the users are stay at home on government provided permanent disability benefits ? They have not been able to find any meaning to their lives so they check out . The government contributes to their down fall. It is a failed system that needs correction .

Your inane 'poor people' comment has been addressed . There was a slight uptick in the US poverty rate after dot com bust and the financial crisis ;but it is almost back down to 2000 levels ,about 11-12 % and being poor in the US is a much better lot than being poor in most of the rest of the world . Much of the poverty rate is tied into issues like single parent raising children .Poverty has fallen sharply among blacks and has risen slightly in the "Hispanic" communities because of immigration both legal and illegal . And of course those people who choose not to work are or become part of the poor.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 03:50 AM
    The issues are more nuanced and complex than you seem to present or understand,
    actually no they are not . you just like to complicate them . As an example . If you are not for open borders then tell us what level of enforcement at the border you find acceptable . I have not heard a single Dem say anything to suggest they want any enforcement and instead a good percentage of the Congressional Dems are running on a platform of eliminating ICE . If you aren't for open borders then why promote sanctuary cities and states ?
    Ex is the only libertarian progressive on this board who is honest on this subject . He proudly proclaims he wants open borders . Why don't you ?
    What is amazing to me is that Trump offered a compromise ....a border wall for path to citizenship for so called "dreamers " . But your side in their hatred of Trump would not consider it .
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2018, 04:16 AM
    Sadly, a hatred of Trump is what is at the core of all democratic policies. It has become completely irrational.
    Expert

Oct 25, 2018, 04:56 AM
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2018, 05:26 AM
    Thank you for that perfect example.
    Expert

Oct 25, 2018, 05:47 AM
    His words, his actions, his behavior, his history! He loves dictators and no American banks will loan him money so where does he get his money after all those bankruptcy's? Russia, Saudi Arabia maybe?

I hope they get that loony sending pipe bombs just to dems.

Oh, and you're welcome.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2018, 07:00 AM
    I hope they get that loony sending pipe bombs just to dems.
    I'm betting it's a dem. Election year maneuvering.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 08:36 AM
    could be . The Republicans have been saying 'Jobs vs Mobs' ;and the Dems hate it . But I'm willing to wait . 1st 3 reports are almost always wrong. So far the press reported that the White House was targeted ....wrong . They reported that il Duce Cuomo was targeted ....wrong.What he received was a letter with a flash drive . I suspect this is a prank either way . Not enough explosive in these to have effect ;but enough the be detected . They were addressed in such a way that anyone who received them would be suspicious . I'm sure the clown(s) that did this left scores of forensic clues and they will be caught in short order . Hey it gives the FBI something to do.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 08:47 AM
    More than half of Americans receive more money in various types of government transfer payments (Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, Social Security) than they pay in federal taxes.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-it-pays-taxes
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2018, 09:18 AM
    More than half of Americans receive more money in various types of government transfer payments (Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, Social Security) than they pay in federal taxes.
    That is not surprising considering that about half of American wage earners pay nothing in federal income tax, and many actually get money paid to them.
    Expert

Oct 25, 2018, 09:18 AM
    I can certainly see why repoobs don't want mandatory voting, and concoct all kinds of schemes to suppress voters and turn out.

Just think if voters could VOTE themselves a bail out without there being a recession, or some bureaucrat telling them there ain't no money unless you're already rich. Or some capitalists calling you names.

I would vote for me getting MO'MONEY! I can't afford taxes. Never could...they made me pay them...!
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2018, 11:34 AM
    well that of course is the lure . But it is like Whimpy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30knrJBeyr0

Just pass it on to the next generation . That is how ponzi schemes normally work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mississippi state laws on indictments for incarcerated person [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who was arrested in marion county , Mississippi for sales charge first offense. She has been incarcerated for nine months and still has not been indicted! How long do they have to indict her before she can be released?

Mueller Climatrol Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Furnace VR8200A 2132 model that has been in the house for over 20 years. It recently started blowing cool air. Repairmen came and oiled the motor and that did not help so they replaced the motor and the fan switch. Now the furnace tuns for one minute and turns off for 2...

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

13 indictments and no lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was...

View more questions Search