Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lumbercrab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 07:42 PM
    How do I get a child removed from a destructive house?
    My son's girlfriend is 16 1/2. Her 18 yr old brother is already staying with us. Because of this she has been isolated from everyone. Her mother has taken her cell phone, computer all means of contact. Her best friend and I have been trying to contact her through her little brother and his friends but have been cut off from them also. I am worried about her state of mind. She is supposed to be home schooled but the mother has done nothing all school year. She keeps telling the state that the books haven't come in. So she doesn't even have school. The mother drinks heavily and there are drugs in the house. She has isolated the daughter several times in the year that I have known her. The last time that she did our youth pastor was the only one that could contact her. This time no one is. The brother went by the house today to get the rest of his stuff and she was in her room and he couldn't see her.

Is there anything that I can do?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 07:44 PM

Call CPS.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2009, 07:56 PM

You call Child Protective serivces

And you can call the school district to report the home school abuse. Also "not getting the books" is not an excuse, they are required by law in most places to have a certain number of class days a year, that have to be documented

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting adult child from your house [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 19 year daughter with 2 babies living with me who pays no rent, does no house work, has no job and spends all her time on the computer and phone talking to her new husband that is in the army, stationed in Germany and being deployed in November. She has no job, no income and is very...

My ex-boyfriend has a trashy house, Can he still take my child over their? [ 11 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend has a very trashy house and lives with 2 other guys, Has 2 dogs and one is a Jack Russell, that jumps and bites you in the face. Well I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I no that he's no a very good person, He only care's about himself and doesn't care that I pregnant, but still wants his...

How do we correct our puppy from being destructive to outdoor plants and vines? [ 4 Answers ]

Our puppy keep chewing on plants and vines. She's destroying our yard. How do we break her of this?

Removing adult child from house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am having problems with my stepson, he flies into rages and cannot take criticism. He does not work, his vehicles are not insured but he drives them anyway. I have found evidence of pot, etc. I want him out of the house but am at a loss at what to do except with force. How can I...

Custody of child who was removed by social services [ 1 Answers ]

My husbands child was removed by social services from the child's mothers home. They live in Kentucky we live in Indiana. How do we get custody of him. She has been charged with indecent exposure charges and is in a step dads aunts home. We were told by an attorney that it would take eight weeks to...

View more questions Search