Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airforce_wife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2008, 07:37 AM
    3 week long periods
    Hello, I had some concerns about my period this month. My peridos have always been regular, come around same time and last about 4-5 days. I haven't been on birth control for about 6+ months and still my periods are regular. This last period I got it normally lasted about 7 days and stopped. 2 days later it is back and now I have been bleeding for about 3 weeks now. I don't have any of the cramps with it, just some slight discomfort and ocaasional sharp pains in my lower stomach and my the sides of my lower back. I called my doctor and they won't be able to see me another 2 weeks, problem is Im going on Vacation in 6 days. I was wanting to go on vacation without worring if something is seriously wrong with me. ATM Im overseas, and have limited places to see a doctor, so what should I do? I don't think its normal to bleed 3 weeks, I have googled this subject many times and found its not normal and could a few things. Misscarriage, a ifection, or even just stress making it longer. Any info or advise would be great. I did take a test, it came out negative.
    Thank you
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 2, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Could you call another doctor and try to get in sooner? I really think you should be seen very soon - this is not normal.

Personally, I'm going through the same thing --due to miscarriage. I'm not sure that's what your issue could be but that's why you should be seen by a professional.

Good luck - I'll be thinking of you
    airforce_wife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Well see that is the thing. Im overseas at the moment and the doctor here can't get me in for another 2 weeks, prob is Im going back to the US in 4 days, and told them all this. I told exactly what was going on, and Im leaving soon, and want to know what is wrong with me, and they say, "Were sorry its all we got."
    So my only option at this time is to either wait till I return home and go see a doc there, but who really wants to spend the vacation in a doctors office all day. Or my husband will half to go through our medical service and get permission to be seen on the off base hostipal. But I agree I need to be seen and until then Im just going to keep worrying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long lasting 3 week periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am only 16 and I have been on my period for 3 weeks now and its really painful I also been having blood clots I am sexually active but not pregnant I haven't even started school yet because of it I really need help ...

Long Periods [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my period for 57 days. What does this mean? Should I be worried?

Very Long Periods! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 28 years old and I have always had long periods... 7 to 9 day. However, I started using tampons on a regular basis about a year ago and now, (my last 2 cycles) my periods are even longer! 14 days!! :eek: The frist couple of days are just very light spotting, then it gets really heavy with...

Two periods in a two week period! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I had my mentrual cycle a week ago and now I'm bleeding again, and this time its heavy with blood clots? Could it be a miscarriage?? :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search