Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meekadn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Amount, Volume, and Concentration
    You are given a container with 5 mL of a solution containing 5.1 ×10^3 cells/mL. You are to produce a solution that contains approximately 100 cells/mL.

I really need help solving this problem, it's a serial dilutions problem, but I'm confused about solving it!
    vijayanuganti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 04:22 AM
    If you dilute the solution 10times, like add 50 ml to solution to that 5 ml, then take 1ml, it contains 102 cells/ml
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Jan 28, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meekadn View Post
    You are given a container with 5 mL of a solution containing 5.1 ×10^3 cells/mL. You are to produce a solution that contains approximately 100 cells/mL.
    The solution contains 5.1 ×10^3 cells/mL = 51000 cell/mL and you need to get to 100 cells/mL.
    That is a dilution of 51.000/100 = 510 times.

You started with 5 mL solution with 5.1 ×10^3 cells/mL . You need to have a solution with 100 cells/mL.
    So what do you need to do than?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with calculating amount of Fe [ 2 Answers ]

I did an experiment involving the gravimetric determination of Iron in Geritol. At the end of the experiment I was left with a product, Fe2O3 that weighed 0.417 g I'm not sure how to calculate the amount of Iron from here. This is what I did. I calculated the molar mass of Fe2O3 to be...

Vested amount [ 1 Answers ]

Friends, just need some clarification on some financial speak. What is vested amount in reference to a balance on a 401K statement? Thanks?

Lumpsum relocation amount [ 1 Answers ]

I recently got an offer and the company said they will provide me with a lumpsum relocation amount of $10000. The company is on South Carolina. What I need to know is how much tax will be deducted from this 10K and will this amount be added to my net income in the year 2006. Can I claim the...

Concentration... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, My problem is that I can only sit to study a particular subject for around 15 minutes. What I mean is... suppose I take a biology lesson which I have to complete learning within 2 hours. Now as I start studying... I'll learn for say around 15 minutes without many thoughts coming to my...

View more questions Search