Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skr_girl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Trig identity
    Yes me again - I have one more that is it!! I need to find out if the following is an identity or not:
    _______
    l cos2O = cosO

(that is square root cos squared theta equals cos theta)

Any help is really appreciated!!

Thanks
    skr
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:21 AM

I don't know how you define an identity, but this equation is obviously true.

However I feel like it's too obvious to be an identity. All it really says is:

This is exactly what means.

I hope this helped a little bit but I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for :)

Mar 27, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Thanks - I apologize this was not what I needed assistance on! I have been up for hours working on this and it is all starting to blend together! :-)~

Thank you so much!!

Mar 27, 2007, 07:51 AM
    The identity I had to verify was:

Tanθ-cotμ = -2cotan2θ

Sorry for the mess up!! Thanks for all your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verifying trig identity! [ 5 Answers ]

I can't solve this for the life of me and I am sure I will feel like an idiot after seeing the solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull my hair out over this little problem! Argh! verify the identity: sin4x = 8cos"cubed"xsinx - 4cosxsinx if any help, I tried factoring...

Trig identity [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I am really bad at trig and need some assistance... I have to verify sin X ______ = csc X - cot anx 1+ cos X Can anyone help me out - give me a place to start??

Identity [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I came to now after 9 months that my son married through a registered marriage some one from another country and sponsoring her for Visa. He did not reveal it and they kept every thing secret. No one in the family knew about it. After I came to know I begged him over the phone to go through...

Identity [ 1 Answers ]

How do you derive cos^2(x) plus sin^2(x)=1?

View more questions Search