Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nouf95 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2014, 01:36 AM
    Shaving my cat?
    I have 2 cats and they prefer staying in the garden but in the summer it gets about 122f (50c) so should I shave them or not? And if I did would it effect them badly
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 25, 2014, 02:40 AM
    If you do shave them, and I recommend having it done by a groomer, remember to leave some on the very tip of their tail for insulation. Many people have their cats shaved in the summer, especially ones that get extremely matted.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 25, 2014, 03:49 AM
    I hope you mean trim, not shave. No outdoor pet should be shaved to the skin. Yes, some vets allow shaving of the stomach, but it's silly. Too much exposure to the sun can harm the skin, and the tiniest nicks can get infected. Provide shade, tons of water, and ways to cool instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shaving a cat [ 11 Answers ]

We get our cat shaved a couple time's a year.I would like to try shaving him myself.We take him to get him shaved and I have never seen him being shaved.He is a really mellow cat so I am pretty sure he should not be to big of a problem to shave. It is kind of a hassle to take him to get it done...

Another cat added to house with a cat. Resident cat not happy. [ 8 Answers ]

Please would you kindly advise us on how we can help our cats get along together? My sister and I are proud owners of two adorable cats: my sister’s cat is a feisty female, 4 year old rescue cat long haired tortoise-shell, named Duchess. My cat is an 11 year old British Shorthair lilac male...

About a cat that recuses a girl cat from being married to a fat cat [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so I was watching this movie on the kids channel a long time ago and it was the movie I think disney but yes anyway, its about this very lovely white cat girl that is being forced to marry this fat rich cat, during this the sister or aunt of the lovely white cat lady gets a check from this...

Best clippers for shaving a cat [ 1 Answers ]

I've read the posts on shaving cats and have recently tried shaving my long haired cat. I've had her shaved in the past by a groomer, but they usually have to give her a light sedative plus the cost is high. She seems to be more relaxed when I do the trimming. I got a Wahl trimmer set and find...

View more questions Search