Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmwbmw1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Furnace power vent soot
    Furnace has been cleaned, adjusted several times. Every year there is soot getting into the basement. It is a oil boiler furnace with a power vent. Person repairing says it needs a chimney. Power vent replaced 5 years ago. Problem just started 2/3 years ago. Not sure it needs a chimney. Any suggestions??
    Jazzyboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 09:19 AM

Should this furnace be replaced?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blowing black soot [ 2 Answers ]

My Oil Furnace is blowing black soot into the house through all the vents. What could be causing this and what can I do to fix the problem?

Goodman furnace power vent and indoor blower relay [ 1 Answers ]

Where are the power vent really and the indoor blower relays located in the Goodman GMP100-3 furnace. According to the repairman these needs to be replaced because the contacts may be bad

Oil furnace soot [ 1 Answers ]

My oil furnace keeps making soot and cut off. When we clean out the soot it comes right back. Filter and nossle has been changed, I have 17 inches of oil in my 550 gallon tank. What could be the problem

Furnace Power Vent Control Box and Sensor [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I have this power vent kit on my gas furnace: http://www.fieldcontrols.com/pdfs/46285100.PDF Actually, the vent itself is different, but the control box is the same. Sometimes my thermostat turns on the furnace, but the control box won't turn on the blower. I had a...

Soot from gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

12-yr old 395CAV Series F gas furnace in my recently bought house produces soot deposits wherever there s air movement, on air return register, kitchen exhaust fan and light cover, on spiderwebs on houseplants etc. It's lamp black. Have put in new store-bought air filter at the place where the...

View more questions Search