Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reality sucks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 03:29 PM
    How do I get my stepmom to believe me
    I have been living with my dad and stepmom for about 5 years now and things have not got better with mine and her relationship. Ever sense me and my dad moved in with her and her 4 kids, we have never got along. I admit I lie sometimes over dumb things, but maybe if my stepmom was more understanding about things I could feel comfortable with being honest with her. Now that I'm older I am starting to date and grow up a little bit. I have been dating this really good guy for a few months now and things are going great, but there are rumors going around about us that are NOT true. Because I have lied in the past my stepmom is finding it harder to believe me!! Now my stepmom isn't really freaking out about it she is just concerned and wants to get me on the pill. I don't think I need it because I'm not sexually active yet but she won't believe me. I wish we could have a better relationship but she is:confused: so hard to get along with sometimes. We are so different and I would like my dad to get a divorce with her, but I can't be that selfish .ANY HELP PLEASE!! :confused: :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 03:35 PM

Reminds me of the story of the boy who cryed wolf.

But on the other hand, she may still believe you, but know ( perhaps from experience) that even if you are not active right now, that night in the back seat of his car is too late to start them then.

Sounds like she is actually very caring, wanting to help you and not lecture you on the sins of sex.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by reality sucks View Post
    I have been living with my dad and stepmom for about 5 years now and things have not got better with mine and her relationship. ever sense me and my dad moved in with her and her 4 kids, we have never got along. I admit I lie sometimes over dumb things, but maybe if my stepmom was more understanding about things I could feel comfortable with being honest with her. now that I'm older I am starting to date and grow up a little bit. I have been dating this really good guy for a few months now and things are going great, but there are rumors going around about us that are NOT true. because I have lied in the past my stepmom is finding it harder to believe me!!! now my stepmom isn't really freaking out about it she is just concerned and wants to get me on the pill. I don't think I need it because i'm not sexually active yet but she won't believe me. I wish we could have a better relationship but she is:confused: so hard to get along with sometimes. we are so different and I would like my dad to get a divorce with her, but I can't be that selfish .ANY HELP PLEASE!!!!!:confused: :(
    Let me get this straight --

1. You lie but expect her to be understanding.
    2. You lied in the past and your stepmom finds it hard to believe you now.
    3. You are dating a guy you like a lot but don't want to be on the Pill.
    4. Your stepmom is concerned about you and hard to get along with because?? She has your best interests at heart? And you want to do what you want to do?
    5. You want your dad to divorce her because?? You're selfish?

What did I miss?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My stepmom [ 3 Answers ]

Ok she is nice but she can be the evilest of demons. Yesterday she told my dad that I told her the f word because she did not oick me uo from school, I had actually said "are you freakin serious!?" I explained it and to day she's being really grouchy and mean because apparently she doesn't believe...

Stepmom wants to adopt stepson [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a son from previous marriage, how can I adopt him?

How can I love my stepmom? [ 7 Answers ]

My dad wants me to love his new wife. But I hate her for replacing my previous stepmother Nicole, who I really loved. I don't have a problem with my parents dating other people, they've been divorced since I was a baby. But in this case specifically I really don't like this woman. My dad says that...

Going to be a stepmom but not what you think! [ 8 Answers ]

I was dating my boyfriend for about 5 years. And 2 years into our relationship we had a child. We were both pleased and very happy but unfortunately we split when our daughter was 3 and a half. We were apart for 1 year but he continued to ask for me back, we'll we got back together a few months...

If dad dies, does stepmom get 100% of the house in CA? [ 4 Answers ]

My dad has 4 daughters. 2 are from a prior relationship (me and my sister) and two are from his current wife, my stepmom. My dad is 16 years older than my stepmom and I feel that he might die before her. If he passes away, does my stepmom get the house? What about me and my sister (her...

View more questions Search