Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Mar 23, 2007, 02:13 AM
    Healthier Breakfast
    I was just wondering does anyone know which is healthier;

Having a greasy breakfast (full english style at about 7:30am)

Or

Not having any breakfast at all (so getting up at about the same time, but not eating until midday!)

J

:D
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 02:17 AM
    I would say the second. Having no food isn't particularly unhealthy, but it doesn't give you the energy you need for the morning. Whereas the greasy breakfast is full of artery clogging goodness. I don't think having no food for breakfast will shorten your lifespan as much as a greasy breakfast every morning. It all depends how you compensate throughout the rest of your day.

I normally miss breakfast and have a few pieces of fruit and a choccy bar mid-morning.

(Elevenses! How quintessentially british!)

Mar 23, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Yeah, that was one thing I was thinking, although I was wondering if it's kick-starting your metabolism that early in the morning how quickly it would work off the majority of that breakfast ready for lunch... as apposed to your body just starting to burn off calories as you start eating lunch?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2007, 02:29 AM
    Well yeah but calories aren't the only thing you have to worry about.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    I was just wondering does anyone know which is healthier;

Having a greasy breakfast (full english style at about 7:30am)

or

Not having any breakfast at all (so getting up at about the same time, but not eating until midday!)

J

:D
    Well the greasy breakfast is fattening, and your arteries are getting clogging as you eat, maybe it's acceptable if you went and did a lot of exercises afterwards... but I doubt it. No breakfast at all, makes your body go into starvation mode and it starts hoarding every calorie, good or bad that you eat, slowing you metabolism and making you more like to gain weight. Why not compromise and eat some fruits, or wheat toast and juice? Even a non fat, or low fat yogurt with some nuts!:rolleyes:

Mar 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
    I do try and get up and have cereal (or coissants! Eep!) every weekday morning, I was just wondering how healthy the unhealthy breakfast really was! Lol!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 12:07 AM
    My wife skips breakfast. Keeps cheese, grapes, and some meat like pepperoni available for a later morning snack. Makes a huge difference in her day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search