Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mustangpimp6989 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 04:03 PM
    He cheated but I still love him, and still hert
    My boyfriend cheated on me after we dated for over a year. I love him very much and hope to marry him. I know he loves me too, but he cheated on me. We were able to work it out, but it still herts, and we don't know what to do. What should I do to fix my herting, and what should he do?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jun 26, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Only time and work on your relationship can heal this wound.

I'm a proponent of "once a cheater, always a cheater"... but I also recognize that sometimes people make one-off stupid mistakes and learn their lesson.

I don't know if your boyfriend has changed or not, and only your boyfriend can promise you that he won't hurt you again by making the same mistake after you are married.

What I can tell you is that - If you can't let go of this, there is nothing he can do to "make it better" even if he has changed.
    MissLady210 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangpimp6989
    My boyfriend cheated on me after we dated for over a year. I love him very much and hope to marry him. I know he loves me too, but he cheated on me. We were able to work it out, but it still herts, and we don't know what to do. What should i do to fix my herting, and what should he do?
    I was cheated on as well... 5 year relationship. We got back together for a few days and then I broke it off. I couldn't live with the fact that he lied to me and betrayed my trust. There will always be that feeling of suspicion. I always had to be reassured that he was where he was suppose to be. If he didn't answer his phone or texts, I would freak out. If you can be with him without feeling what I felt, then continue to be with him. Maybe he has changed. Maybe you will marry him. Just be careful and if he does it again, move on. You're too good for him anyway.
    floris7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 10:21 AM
    ]My boyfriend cheated on me with my best friend once I was so hurt just like you but I went home that day and just cried, let all my tears out and watched loved films alll day.
    Whenever I see him I pretend to be over him but in life I'm not. You have to stay strong and soon he will be begging for you to take him back! Just remember be strong and he will be begging to take him back .x
    ladynica Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 08:42 AM
    I was cheated too. Like you, it really hurt. But I loved him so much that I accepted him still, and hoping that he won't do that again. But he cheated again. And again. And again. But he tells me that he loves me. He doesn't want me to break up with him. But I can no longer bear the fact that he cheated on me, everyday I have to be reassured about where he is, who is he with, what time is he going home. It's ruining me and our relationship. I was never too clingy. And now, I am really about to break up with him. Can't take this anymore.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Hi, this post goes back to 2007.

It would be better for you to post your own question, and that way you would receive responses.

Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

She cheated on me, and I broke up. But still in love with her and want her back. [ 69 Answers ]

I have been with my ex-girlfriend for about 2 years now. We broke up about 2 weeks ago. We had a long distance relationship, got a lot of memories together. We used to meet every weekend, and all I had to do is to trust her. But the last times, I saw a kind of coldness in her. So we started...

I cheated. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 26, been married for 2 years and have a stepdaughter with joint custody. I've been working with a friend of mine for over 3 years , I was engaged with I met this friend. About a year ago we started workign together everyday and I started to develop feelings for him. Never acted on it and...

How do I know he is in love with me after he is cheated [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I have been dating someone who was cheated and damped 4 1/2 months later. He dated his ex for a year and 9 months. He is affectionate, loving and respectful me. However, something that I can't really describe still bothers me. I just wish he left at his term. I always feel there are...

He cheated but I still love him [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do my boyfriend we been going off and on for about a year because he had cheated on me than I got pregnant I was 9weeks when I lost my baby I think it was stree because of him with these females he say he love me I believe him but thani don't believe him and the reason why I...

View more questions Search