Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craiguar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Luke warm radiators
    About three years ago we had a new Buderus boiler installed. I don't think we are getting the best heat from it through our cast iron radiators we have a two story home with 10 radiators of varying size between both floors. It takes about 45-50 minutes for the temp in the house to raise 2 degrees. I have tested the water temp in the radiators just after the heat shuts off to find a water temp of 93 degrees (again this is after a run time of 45-50 minutes) It seems to me, that the water should be considerably hotter than that, am I right?

Thanks!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 08:28 AM
    Yes the water should be hotter than that unless this is a high efficiency boiler which sometimes they run on very low water temp to allow the boiler to condense which is necessary for the boiler to run at its maximum energy savings.

Your boiler system should be serviced every year. Now would be the time to arrange for a boiler service and when the serviceman is there question him about the water temp.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luke-warm air from furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed that the house I moved into has a furnace that only blows luke-warm air out the vents. I have taken off the cover to watch the furnace go through the cycle and everything seems to work, it lights up and the flames start and appear to stay on, and the air coming out is not as warm as...

Luke warm air comes out of AC; fan not working [ 7 Answers ]

The air barely comes out of the central AC, and it is not cold. I checked the big fan that is on the top and it is not moving. I know practically nothing about AC, but am very willing to learn! Thanks, Scott PS This is my first post on this site; I hope it is fruitful.

Radiators hot but hot water from taps luke warm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, First of all I am novice.. a real novice when it comes to plumbing, so please be easy on me :) I hope someone can shed some light on this weird problem. I have a conventional boiler with a hot water tank in the bathroom and 2 tanks in the loft. The radiators in the house are fine, they...

Luke warm water coming from 1 shower. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my hot water in my master bathroom shower. All Other showers and fausets have no problem. The master shower, seems to only give us luke warm water. The fauset is a single lever type which should mix the hot and cold to our liking. But what is happening when you try to...

Luke warm water from shower [ 3 Answers ]

Over the last few months I have noticed that my shower is not producing hot water the way that it used to. The sink tap gives out hot water, just not the shower anymore. I have noticed that when I flush the toilet there is an added burst of pressure from the shower. Do you have any idea what this...

View more questions Search