Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trs7267 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Mower deck belt loose
    Please help I have JD 60" med mount mower deck I can't keep the drive belt on I place new belt on and same problem any way to adjust the belt?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Did you replace with OEM? Or generic? Sound like it's not the correct size or not routed properly
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
    You need to be sure you understand where the spring loaded tensioner pulley fits in this sequence. You have to pull back on the tensioner as hard as you can and then go around that pulley so when you release tension it will snap tight. There is some adjustment on the spring but it doesn't normally need much, new OEM belts are tight.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2007, 04:43 PM
    ballengerb1 and esquire1 is correct, it seems as though you are using an aftermarket belt. Sometimes you get a better deal to only find out it doesn't work. And ballengerb1 is also correct, new oem belts will be tight, and be sure you are routing the belt correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to put a new belt on my mower deck. It is a troy bilt super bronco. [ 4 Answers ]

I need to run a new belt on my mower deck. It is a troy bilt super bronco with a 42" deck.

I need to replace my deck belt on my troybilt 17hr. 42' deck belt diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I need to replace my deck belt on troybilt 17hr. 42' riding lawnmover. Be nice to have a diagram

Belt routing on mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Troybuilt 46 inch, 22 h.p. mulcher GT, petal drive with cruise control. The long belt on the mower deck continues to break. I need a diagram of belt routing and also location of spring on tension pulley. This belt is 98", but I have been using a 96" A belt because it is wider and thought...

Deck belt for craftsman 15.5 riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 8yr old craftsman riding mower with a 42in deck I went to get a belt and I got the right one but I can not get it to go on do I need to remove any of the pullys or are there any tricks that I need to know or should it just go right on it is about 3inches to small. And I did disengage the...

View more questions Search