Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianmcglynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 10:21 PM
    French Door?
    Please explain those charateristics of a doors design/construction which defines it as a "French Door". Thanks!! :)
    jujubrose Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmcglynn
    Please explain those charateristics of a doors design/construction which defines it as a "French Door". Thanks!!!!!:)
    It is just a divided light door. Long ago when they were built they were built in europe. Why you ask this question would puzzle anyone. Because as you should have already figured out there is nothing that makes a divided light door french except the name. Kind of like french fries nothing about them makes them french except for the early years. When the indians had not figured out how to fry things. I am sure if early american indians knew how to make fried potatoes they would be indian fries. Take Care do not spend brain power on that one Julie
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

May 19, 2007, 11:20 AM
    French Doors Are 2 Doors With Glass, Or Lites, That Open Up Together In The Same Direction.
    Both Doors Are Operable Doors, Hope This Helps , Nichols Trim

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a french door in concrete block [ 3 Answers ]

I’m thinking about installing a new French door in by basement. My question is what is the best way to attaché to the door to the concrete block? Should I cut the opening to the required rough opening size and attach the door directly to the block. Or should I make the opening larger, and frame the...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search