Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannahb2211 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 09:51 PM
    My ex wants to take me to court, but I don't think he's the father?
    I'm not going to put him on the birth certificate. I'm willing to take a paternity test, and if he is the father, I'm totally willing to let him see her. I just want to know, does he have the right to demand a paternity test whenever he wants? Or can I wait for a couple weeks after I have my baby? How soon can he take me to court? Thanks for answering, and please let me know any extra details!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 10:55 PM
    He cannot take you to court until after the baby is born. At that point he can take you to court any time he wants.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What If I don't Show Up For My Court Date. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a credit card company that says they're going to "proceed legal action and take me to court for indebtness." When the day comes what if I don't show up in court? What happens then? What if I do show up, I don't have any money / assets what happens then?

Sons father is taking me to court over last name [ 1 Answers ]

My Sons father has signed the birth certiftced and the parenity papers knowing our son has my last name, now he wants to take me to court to have it changed to his last name can he do this?

What is going to happen if I don't go to court hearing? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Civil Harassment Restraining Order and I have to go for court hearing and I would like to know what can happen if I do not go to court.I don't want to see the other person close to me. Is it going to be on my record and what will be the worst if I don't go? Thank you everybody!

Child is now with father and grandparents after court [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here it goes we are lost in march of 2007 during the divorce the Judge decided the child is in joint custody and live with mother because she was in school and did not want to move her. Friday mother calls me the grandmother and says lets talk I need her to go to you because my life is a mess...

I don't know if I can take my landlord(owner) to court [ 6 Answers ]

3 years ago I moved into a small apt. complex. I have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. After living there for a month I found out that the owner has a coin washer and dryer down in the garage and I'm paying for 6 families to wash through the electricity. After confronting her she only would pay 50.00...

View more questions Search