Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bowlerbabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Getting out of a land contract
    We are in a land contract, we recently come across a buyer for the home and we told the owners and they were all for it, there were all these fee involved, we did not have the money so the reality said she would come down on her end if the owner would come down on his end, after dealing with this mess for 2 week I am tired of it, we already have a contract with a new place and we have 1 week to finalize every thing, at this point we just want out of the land contract, and I am done because I have to move into the new place. Can I just walk away from the land contract.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Only the terms of the contract will tell you that, in all the ones I have done, the person buying can walk away and lose all of his money down and all of the equality in the property. But only you know what you can or can't do according to the terms of the contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land contract [ 5 Answers ]

I have a person in a very small town that has learned how to sell property on land contract. He has created a system that he sells run down property to people who never intend on buying the property, but just want to rent. He gets a sizeable down payment and then each new home owner takes on the...

Land contract [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in a land contract that states it's a month to month landlord tennent relation does that mean I give him 30 day notice to leave and that's it?I can no longer afford the payments here and have to move

Land contract [ 1 Answers ]

Both my sister and I hv mortgages on our homes... She also wanted my home and I was ready for a change due to a divorce and do not need such a big home any longer... we owe the same amount on each mortgage so we want to swap houses... She has bad credit and cannot get another loan so we want to...

Bad land contract? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I know.. if I FIRST got an attorney involved.. but I did not. I NOW have one though.. Trying to condense.. I sold my home on a 6 month land contract. 10,000 down, 1000 a month ( mort. Pmt) then in 6 months to obtain financing and close... well he pretty much paid me even the 6 months pmts,...

View more questions Search