Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunflower811 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Answer for a friend
    I have a friend of mine, She's been dating this guy for two months, who just dumped her through a text message, then after he hadn't heard from her for a while, he calls up a friend of hers to ask whether she's moved on, and how she was doing. The girl said to him "after dumping her through a text message why do you need to know whether she's moved on, yeah she moved on she's very happy, Then he replied the reason why he dumped was because he felt that she was getting to attach. The girl called my friend and told her what the guy had had told her. My friend wants to know whether she should call the guy, or just let it go.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jun 17, 2009, 01:39 PM

Let it go. Hearing this type of information just prolongs to pain and suffering. It is completely unnecessary. It's time to move on to better things in life...
    CrazyThumper Posts: 82, Reputation: 36

Jun 18, 2009, 10:48 AM
    OK.. check this out

1) The guy is immature for a few reasons.. he felt she was getting too attached to him, so he pushed her away instead of talking to her about it? Way to have open and honest communication. That's a failed relationshiop before it even got started.

2) He broke up with her through a txt message? Loser... no questions asked. Get some balls and man up and speak to her in person.

3) He called a friend of a friend to ask about her etc after he broke up with her through a txt? Red flags all around... he doesn't know what he wants.

Move on.

Thumper

Jun 19, 2009, 07:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyThumper View Post
    ok..check this out

1) The guy is immature for a few reasons.. he felt she was getting too attached to him, so he pushed her away instead of talking to her about it? Way to have open and honest communication. That's a failed relationshiop before it even got started.

2) He broke up with her through a txt msg? Loser...no questions asked. Get some balls and man up and speak to her in person.

3) He called a friend of a friend to ask about her etc after he broke up with her through a txt? Red flags all around... he doesn't know what he wants.

Move on.

Thumper
    You are right, but my friend has a lot of feelings for him still, and she keeps asking me whether she should call him
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower811 View Post
    You are right, but my friend has alot of feelings for him still, and she keeps asking me whether or not she should call him
    Ok and the answer is no.

She should also tell her friends, that she doesn't need any updates about her ex.

He did not show her any courtesy, why worry about showing him any? That is just giving him back the upper hand. Let him wonder.
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Jun 20, 2009, 11:10 AM

Everyone's right here. Your friend doesn't need a boy and I do mean boy, because a real man would never send a text message to break up. A real MAN would talk to her and let her know how he felt and that he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore. She doesn't need updates on him checking on her life as of now, she needs to move on and forget him.

Jun 24, 2009, 12:05 PM

My friend decided to text him for father's day, and he replied "thank you darling what a suprise" so she answed your welcome. She wants to know whether she should call him
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 12:30 PM
    No she shouldn't call him, I wouldn't even have recommended the Father's Day text.
    If he walked away because she was too attached, how does that seem when she is looking for any excuse to make contact, that is just reaffirming his fear.

He clearly wasn't on the same page for where the relationship was heading and how fast.

Time to let go.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 12:32 PM

NO, why hasn't he called her if he really cared. Maybe he has a babies mama that takes up his time.

Don't encourage her to keeping making a fool of herself.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 12:49 PM

He felt she was getting too attached so what is he going to feel if they get back together and he feels the same again?
    What is she going to feel if he dumps her again?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 12:53 PM

He sounds immature and is regretting his decision.Maybe his plan B didn't work out.I agree with everyone here.Why waste time on this,what is past is past and the texting to break up is so cowardly and lame that it reflects on his character and I question that he has much.

Jun 24, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    NO, why hasn't he called her if he really cared. Maybe he has a babies mama that takes up his time.

Don't encourage her to keeping making a fool of herself.

I'm guessing the reason he hasn't called, is because I did tell him she moved on, and maybe he wouldn't know what to say if he did call her

Jun 24, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    He sounds immature and is regretting his decision.Maybe his plan B didn't work out.I agree with everyone here.Why waste time on this,what is past is past and the texting to break up is so cowardly and lame that it reflects on his character and I question that he has much.
    Maybe he did regret his decision, but at the same my friend still has feelings for him. She has no clue on what to do, and I have no clue on what to tell her
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflower811 View Post
    Maybe he did regret his decision, but at the same my friend still has feelings for him. She has no clue on what to do, and I have no clue on what to tell her
    For someone who isn't involved, I don't understand this statement.
    The opinions have been fairly clear, consistent and repetitive.
    For a 'friend' you seem a little unwilling to let this go. Your 'friend' needs to leave this guy alone and move on with her life.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 01:14 PM

If they do decide to get back together they need to have a serious talk first so they are on the same page about things.

Jun 24, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    No she shouldn't call him, I wouldn't even have recommended the Father's Day text.
    If he walked away because she was too attached, how does that seem when she is looking for any excuse to make contact, that is just reaffirming his fear.

He clearly wasn't on the same page for where the relationship was heading and how fast.

Time to let go.
    What she told me was, the reason she wants to contact him, is to tell him she's not mad at him for what happened, that she understands, and that she does not want to be enemies with him, she wants to know if she ever see him walking around one day, that she's able to say hi and he's able to say hi back
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Yet if she sees him walking around, let her say 'hi'.
    He wanted her to back off, he thought she was too attached.
    Yes he responded to her text, big deal.
    I am not so rude that if my worse enemy texts me Happy Glockenspile that I ignore the text completely.
    He texted back said an appropriate thank you, not 'gee, I miss you', 'it's so great to hear from you', 'been wondering how you were'... nothing...
    He said thank you, that's it, because I am sure he was genuinely surprised that someone he is trying to distance himself from text him to say 'Happy Father's Day'.
    This isn't rocket science.
    He doesn't want to be attached.
    He broke up via text message.
    It's time to let him go.
    Stop hanging on, you have no emotional involvement and you are just as clingy to the idea as she is.

Jun 24, 2009, 01:25 PM
    For someone who isn't involved, I don't understand this statement.
    The opinions have been fairly clear, consistent and repetitive.
    For a 'friend' you seem a little unwilling to let this go. Your 'friend' needs to leave this guy alone and move on with her life.
    Im unable to let it go, because I feel her pain, and she's like a sister to me, guys are jerks.
    Yeah I've told her to move on when he dumped her through the text. All of a sudden he calls me out of the blue to see how's she's doing and if she's moved, ever since I told her what happened, she hasn't been able to leave his name alone, she's asking question here and there, she told me she sent him a text on Father's day, and so on and so forth
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 01:30 PM
    A smart and true friend would know better than to reopen that wound for another friend.
    There aren't any clearer answers to give.
    A two month relationship is easier to let go of then two year.
    Hold your red flag and find some peace.

Jun 24, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Yet if she sees him walking around, let her say 'hi'.
    He wanted her to back off, he thought she was too attached.
    Yes he responded to her text, big deal.
    I am not so rude that if my worse enemy texts me Happy Glockenspile that I ignore the text completely.
    He texted back said an appropriate thank you, not 'gee, I miss you', 'it's so great to hear from you', 'been wondering how you were'... nothing...
    He said thank you, that's it, because I am sure he was genuinely surprised that someone he is trying to distance himself from text him to say 'Happy Father's Day'.
    This isn't rocket science.
    He doesn't want to be attached.
    He broke up via text message.
    It's time to let him go.
    Stop hanging on, you have no emotional involvement and you are just as clingy to the idea as she is.
    Everything your saying is true but this guy called a friend of her's and me to get updates on her, yes he broke up with her via text, why would he be calling around to get updates on her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do if my best friend doesn't want to be my friend anymore [ 9 Answers ]

So me and my best friend got into a fight saying that I was ruinning her relationship with her boyfriend and that I was talking to him too much. So then she says she doesn't want to be my friend anymore what should I do about this

How should I tolerate my best friend with another girl who was also my best friend? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi to all here is my story I loved a guy... I proposed him he said you are very good friend really I can't loose u... our relation became very strong we two became my best friend rather he also considers me best friend... a girl who was my best friend always said you two are made for each other......

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

Answer for my friend [ 2 Answers ]

My friend was adopted and it was a closed adoption. She is 24 years old and wants to find her birth mother, What steps can she take

View more questions Search