Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aplayer32 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 23, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Drama kills my grades
    I need help I am not doing very well in school I have really bad grades and my teachers and parents are getting mad at me. There is too much drama going on I lose focus of school. How can I get my grades up without losing my friends?
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Have times where your friends can't get hold of you. Turn off your phone and don't go on msn/facebook etc. You can even tell them you're not available at that time if you want. Then use this friend free zone to do all your work. I don't know what level you are at school but about four hours a night should be about right.

If they distract you in class try moving away from them, tell them your grades are down and you need to concentrate. They should respect that, I hope.

My friends also used to have a lot of drama, and even more now that I'm older. Being difficult to get hold of works wonders for productivity for me. It also means people only come to me when they really need my help, this means I know when somebody needs my full attention and who's just a drama queen!

Good luck

EDIT

I have never lost friend by doing this
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2007, 02:23 PM
    I just want to add that I totally agree with the answer above, and I do want to emphasize especially the part about
    "...tell them your grades are down and you need to concentrate. They should respect that, I hope."
    When I was in college, I used to practice the piano six hours a day, on most days of the week. I did not lose my friends. They respected the fact that I needed to practice that much in order to further my ability to enter the career path that I chose. As a matter of fact, the bulk of my practicing was was done from from 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the basement of a church. Sometimes my friends would come to a window there and try to get me to do something with them. When I refused because I needed to practice, they still understood. Practice was a big part of my homework.

One of my careers is that I am a professional musician as well as being a music educator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can she date knowing it kills me [ 10 Answers ]

She's dating, knowing it kills me and still wants to be my friend? We broke up and she knows I'm still in love & want her back. Is she cruel or am I just weird for finding this to be cruel?

It kills me to see my aunt fight cancer [ 122 Answers ]

Hello all, My aunt was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer last Novemeber. It is already spread throughout her body. I am used to seeing her this strong person, but now she is so weak. I can't really talk to anyone else about this because they are all avoiding it. I don't think that she is...

Bad grades [ 10 Answers ]

I am a sophomore I use to get reall bad grades in 8-9 my grades were great not in 10th grade my grades kind of sux like its all easy I just don't want to do the work anymore that and I don't take notes because its so easy ayn reason why grades slippin?

Boy Kills In The Game [ 4 Answers ]

LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF A FILM A Boy Buys A Game From A Magazen .when He Plays The Game He Kills In The Game .next Morning The Police Is Out Side At A Murder Seen.play The Game Again Kills Again. When He Think He Is Not Plang The Game Is Autuly Still In The Game. At The End He Give The Game To His...

View more questions Search