Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Margeaux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 12:47 PM
    How much is my $1 Silver Certificate Worth? 1928 A
    Hi,

I have a $1 Silver Certificate from series 1928 A. The signatures on it are A. W. Melon Secretary of Treasury and the other one I can't completely make out, but it is either N.O.M or N.O.N, maybe N.O.Moody? As Treasurer. The serial number and seal are blue and the serial number is P91189580A. The bill is in very good condition, uncirculated I think, it is wrapped in plastic and I assume has not been handled but there are substantial wrinkles on it due to the plastic. I saw another post where you asked for the plate number, and I couldn't find that, but it has a B in the upper lefthand corner and also a B in the lower right that says 840 after it.

Thanks, I appreciate any information you can give me
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Hi, Margeaux!

Why can't you make out the other signature, please?

Flying Blue Eagle is an Expert on this site who has the current documentation concerning the possible monetary value of such things. As such, I'm sure that he will be along eventually to address your post.

In the meantime, and as per Flying Blue Eagle's request, it would be helpful if you would post the following information concerning the currency that you have. It's possible that you may have already provided some of the information that is asked for in the quote that is below when posting your question.

#1 - The denomination of the currency, such as $1.00, $2.00, $5.00, $10.00, etc.
    #2 - Series date - Examples: 1935, 1935A,1935B, etc.
    #3 - Signatures - Examples: Priest - Anderson or others.
    #4 - Color of seal and color of serial numbers. Is there a star before or after the serial number? If so, what color?
    #5 - What is written above on the very top of the currency? Examples: SILVER CERTIFICATE, Federal reserve note, treasury or coin note. Legal tender note, etc.
    Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 08:51 PM

Margeaux- The 1928 A series of a $! 00 silver certificate.
    THE VALUE;; The signatures on it is Woods and; Mellon,Blue -SEAL AND SERIAL NUMBERS:, #1601- VF-20-$25.00 _ UNC-63 #1601 ( * ) VF-20- $40.00 UNC -63
    $375.00 . NOTE- the numbers 1601. And the other 1601)
    ( * ) Means it is a STAR note ,worth a lot more then a reg note;;These are put on notes that were made because during printing a note was damaged in some way ,then the damaged not is recorded in a special book, then taken toi the furnace and burned to ashes,
    then another note is made in its place and a { STAR } is placed before the serial number or eight after,also if a bank returns A note that is torn corners gone ,damaged . The same thing happens;; #2- The numbers 1601 and 1601 ( * ) is catalog numbers that is in all coin a currency books;;#3- VF-20 means VERY FINE-GRADE 20 and UNC-63 ISD UNCIRCULATED GRADE 63 NOTE- GO
    to this site and it will give you the way on how to find your condition and grade of paper curency;;
    1.9)How dio you grade the condition of paper money::: Have a great day and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is 1928 Silver Certificate Dollar Worth [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 1928 Silver Certificate One Dollar Bill in very good shape. The serial number is D83688073A, with blue threads. I also have two Two Dollar bills from 1928, B95161941A and D59991848A, both are in decent shape. I also have a One Dollar bill from Canada, 1937, C/N3781626, in fair...

Silver Certificate - 1928 [ 2 Answers ]

SILVER CERTIFICATE - 1928 series A, blue certificate, signed by A.W. Mellon, #L83028151A what's the value. thanks

Value of 1928 silver certificate [ 4 Answers ]

What is the value of a 1928B (VF),1935B(VF),and 1935 (VG)to(VF) one dollar silver certificates respectfully? Thank You.

1928 Silver Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how much a 1928 Silver Certificate is worth. I have three. All three have crease marks and two are slightly yellowed. All three have the blue seals and their serial numbers are in blue with stars. Two are from the 1928 A series and one is from the 1928 series. The 1928 A...

View more questions Search