Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cararq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 09:41 PM
    Finding a book title--I know plot, setting, characters names
    So I'm trying to find a book I read about 15 years ago and I can't remember the author or the title. I believe it is a Silhouette Desire book. Most likely published in the 80's or early 90's. I know what the cover looked like--It was a man (I think on a lounge chair by the pool) with his wife laying with him. She was wearing a black bathing suit with a white stripe across the top edge. I think the husband's name was Kane. I can't remember the last name. The wife's name was Carly (I think). I know it is set on a ranch in Texas. The woman is a senator's daughter who got "married off" to a rich rancher to save her daddy from some financial trouble. The eventually fall in love, work out their differences and have a baby. Does anyone know about this book and it's title and/or author? Thanks so much.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 10:20 PM
    That's ancient in romance terms. Hmmm, I know a long-time Silhouette Desire author, so I will email this to her. Maybe she will remember.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Cathie Linz replied vie email: "She could try going to a used bookstore that carries the books that far back and check out the covers to see if one rings a bell. Diana Palmer is the only thing I can think of, she did a lot of Texas books I think and older heroes to much younger heroines."

Check at public libraries too - Diana Palmer might be the author.

Also, ask at the reference desk, reader's advisory. There are romance genre books that give a list of titles by author name and short summaries of those titles.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help finding a book title! [ 2 Answers ]

I read this book when I was quite a bit younger and all of a sudden I had this urge to read it again but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the book. Here's a vague description, I'm sorry I can't give anymore infortmation this is about all I can remember: - The book is about a...

Characters in file names for web use [ 1 Answers ]

I understand the space no-no. I'm replacing all spaces in file names with the underscore. I know the problem with caps too.. How about dashes? Are dashes OK? Are there any other standard US keyboard stuff that I should look for to replace with something else? Thanks!

View more questions Search