Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PurpLePassion Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2009, 07:23 PM
    I'm interested.Yet I act the opposite way?
    So I've noticed that when I'm beginning to "like" someone I begin to ignore them and I say dumb things!

What is this about?

I'm naturally very sarcastic... and when I catch myself crushing on someone I begin to be even more so.

I'm thinking it's because I use sarcasm as a way to convey how I really feel at times... because I can't say it with a straight face? [fear of what.. ]

It's becoming a problem for me. Guys end up thinking that I am TOTALLY NOT INTERESTED & I'm too proud to say that I am.

I need diff point of views.
    What do you guys think it is?

Thank you!
    troy70 Posts: 66, Reputation: 14

Oct 5, 2009, 08:50 PM

Seems like maybe your afraid of rejection?

I know I use to act sarcastic and beat around the bush and pick on a girl when I liked her, till I realized I was totally missing out because I was afraid of rejection.

Just get more serious. If you like a guy, compliment him and be interested in his conversations! That's the best way I can tell a girl likes me... When she's into what I'm talking about and flirts by like sitting next to me or leaning on etc...
    bswc Posts: 197, Reputation: 22

Oct 6, 2009, 03:31 AM

I tend to ignore girls that I like too, but I haven realise how I managed to get their attention. Maybe you can learn to express yourself more in a positive way, you can't be sarcastic all the time for good!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Swallow your pride and let the guy know that you are interested, straight up.

If you can do that, it means that you can change. Take the first-step first and then see how many other steps you can take.
    PurpLePassion Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2009, 04:31 AM

Fear of rejection... haha yes I think this is it. I don't know why though? I mean 99% of the time I know they're into me too... I think there's something else going on

& I have difficulty expressing my feelings, period. Crying, showing sadness... I consider all of those signs of weakness so I rarellyyy display them. Which is bad because people think I'm heartless; whe nin reality imdying on the inside! Lol

And yes... I need to swallow my pride. Its so hard though!

Thanks guys! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Showerhead opposite faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Weird question. I putting a bathroom in our basement and ran into a small problem with the tub. Originally I was going to put the faucet and showerhead on a corner wall but now I realize if I do that I will not have access to the faucet or trap once it's finished. I can't but a full wall on the...

How to deal with opposite sex friends [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everybody!. well my boyfriend and I are going for our 2nd year this may... I'm so excited! I love him to death! I wanted to ask this question because I just need some examples and help with my situation.. well my boyfriend and I have a great relationship.. we get along great. We cn...

Living with the opposite sex [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am going to move out of my parents house soon, and I'm going to have to move in an apartment or a house with roomates.. My sister suggested that I only move in with girls, because living with guys is really hard and horrible.. like the bachelor type guys.. But what if...

Opposite angles in a triangle [ 2 Answers ]

a right angle triangle has one angle of 30degrees and the side opposite this angle has a length of 1 metre. Calculate the length of the hypotenuse and the value of the remaining angle

Ash is opposite of red right.. [ 1 Answers ]

My natural haircolor is a very light brown, maybe even considered dark blonde, with warm tone (shines orange). At my temples though it is more of an ash blonde and the shine is more platinum. I want that to be my allover hair color. I've read all about blue and green cancelling out the red, and...

View more questions Search