Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2005, 06:29 AM
    Standalone toilet venting (hypothetical)?
    If only a toilet were drained from a dwelling to a sewer/septic would it need to be vented according to code or otherwise for safety?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 14, 2005, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickit
    If only a toilet were drained from a dwelling to a sewer/septic would it need to be vented according to code or otherwise for safety?

Code calls for every fixture that has a trap to be vented. Most toilets in a bathroom group are wet vented by the lav vent. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is toilet venting shown in UPC unacceptable? [ 1 Answers ]

I was looking at "various methods for venting toilets" in excerpts from the UPC ( http://www.masterplumber.com/Laws/UPCExcerpts.html#ventexceptions).The last configuration shown is labeled as not allowed. It has both the vertical vent pipe and the vertical toilet discharge pipe connnecting to a...

Upflush toilet venting [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of finishing my basement and decided to use a Saniflo Saniplus macerating pump unit for lifting wastewater from a sink, toilet, and shower into the existing 4 " drain line (the 4" drain exits the basement approximately 4' from the basement floor). The force main is the easy...

Need some help with venting, moving toilet adding bath [ 9 Answers ]

I am moving my toilet to the other side of the bathroom, and adding a tub. My bathroom is very small 5' X 7' and I only have one existing vent. The vent is 2" in the wall and is 3" coming out of the roof. Anyway, I was wondering if this piping plan would work, or if someone has a better way to do...

Question about toilet venting [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all! I stumbled upon this forum... what a godsend! Anyway, here's a question for the plumbing experts. I have two bathrooms, each with one toilet and one sink. All four of these items are vented through a single 2" pipe up to the roof. I've been having a bit of trouble with the...

Toilet/Shower - Venting [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling 2 bathrooms into one. I am moving a few things around, but my question is. I had a 3" vent that went up a wall in between the 2 bathrooms, well I had to do away with it. It was at the end of the line of the rough in and 2 toilets were connected right near it. My question, there...

View more questions Search