Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay092884 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 09:43 AM
    How do I get over my sons mother?
    Me and my sons mother met a little bit over 6 years ago at our old job. At the time, her daughter was almost 2 yrs old, who I've learned to love as my own. Well me and my sons mom started as friends, then started to mess around, and after about 6 months of that, we became boyfriend and girlfriend. Shortly after that, we fell in love with each other. Everything was great for the first 2 yrs or so then came along some dumb arguments over stupid little things. So for about the next yr and a half of all the bs arguments and breaking up and getting back together again, she asked me to meet up with her, and when we did, she told me that she was pregnant. At first, I thought she was kidding but obviously, she was not.

Anyway, we got back together and we moved in together. Ill admitt that even though my intentions were to do the right thing, at the same time, I started to go out more than usuall just to drink and be alone instead of putting a ring on her finger and showing her that I cared. There was no other woman involved, I guess I just got scared and started to act like a child. About a month after my son was born, I left. I never stopped seeing him or buying him what he need. So since then, we've been on and off over and over again. Now I want nothing more in this world other than to just have all three of them back in my life for good. Plain and simple, I want to be the man that she deserves and the father figure that the kids deserve. I want us to move out together and start fresh.

For the past 2 months I've done pretty much everything that you could think of to let her know that I really do love her with all my heart, and that I really want us to be happy together and make it work but she doesn't want to and I don't blame her. With all this being said, I think its time for me to move on, it just seems impossible to do so. What do I do?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2013, 11:42 AM
    You didn't say so in your post but I guess we are to assume she doesn't share the same goal as you?

The problem with your moving on scenario is that you will be forever tied by having a son together. So there can never be a complete "I will never see or hear from this woman again" moving on.

You have to face reality. It takes two people wanting to be together to actually be together and she has not chosen that path. Keep yourself busy, go meet other women, pick your son up and leave immediately are some suggestions. The more active you keep your mind the more you won't have time to concentrate on the situation.

Jan 22, 2013, 12:55 PM
    Thanks for your advice but I didn't understand your question. What did you mean by the same goals, as far as what?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2013, 12:59 PM
    Wanting to be together. She didn't and you did.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2013, 01:55 PM
    You do the same thing as any divorced couple with kids do, you agree on the parenting visitaion and form of support (better through the courts) and work together and be great parents. And you build a separate life from hers.

Eventually you accept and get use to the new arrangement.

Jan 22, 2013, 04:02 PM
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. Again, thanks a lot for your advice, I appreciate it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sons mother wants me to sign away rights [ 3 Answers ]

She wants me to sign away rights so that her new husband can adopt him so they can be a family. But she is unwilling to drop the support order so I don't feel she's genuine about this. We also live a few states apart. What can I do since I can't afford a lawyer and she gets a legal aid one

My sons mother seems to be unfit [ 6 Answers ]

My sons mother lives a half an hour away. She is unwilling to inform me of grades/conferences etc for our son. I have recently found out the she has stolen merchandise and taking drugs. I have agreed to relocate to a more centralized location but due to my career and my wife's we can not move...

My sons mother wouldn't let me see my son [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a big part of his life. I was allowed to have him weekly over night since he was born I have a strong bond with him, I pay my ex $ 350.00 a month even though there is no court order, I recently filed to settle child support and visitation but I know she will drag this out as long as she...

My Sons Cruel Mother [ 11 Answers ]

The mother of our 3-year old son has anger and anxiety issues. When I speak to her she makes rude obscene comments to me. She says she hates me, etc. One night last year she punched me in the eye while I was sleeping next to our son. I jumped up stunned, and called 911. Cops came, arrested her etc,...

View more questions Search