Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whoamioitsme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2005, 12:10 PM
    Dodge ram radio
    At first I noticed my radio staying on 99 Dodge Quad . Thinking it was the ignition switch I ordered another one. While in the process of replacing it I unplugged the ignition switch (both plugs) and the radio stayed on. Thinking the problem could be in the radio I pulled it out and the ACC is still on because the blinkers still work with the ignition turned off. So then I started pulling fuses. When I pull the IOD fuse the problem goes away but no power feeds the radio clock or dome lights or ignition light. So I put the IOD fuse back in and pulled other fuses until I pulled the seatbelt fuse which seems to fix the problem. For now I'm leaving the seat belt fuse out. I would like to find out what is the real problem though. I've already unplugged the plugs under the seat with the fuse in and that doesn't solve the problem. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2005, 12:52 PM
    Although I drive a 77 Chevy, it has a nice digital tune, AM/FM/cassette stereo. Like yours, it has a Pentastar on the face. No idea what it is out of, but it may be wired like yours.

It has several power inputs, one always on to save the setting of the buttons and time, and one hot in ignition and accessories. It is connected directly to the clock, and through a switch to the stereo. A third one is wired to the lights. My stereo has two 7 pin plugs, a gray and black. The first pin on the gray one is always hot, the second the ign/acc, and the third is the lights. The last pin isn't used, and is next to the key way. Check and see if you only have power to second pin with ign/acc. The problem could also be a short in the radio allowing power to flow from the first pin to the radio.
    whoamioitsme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2005, 07:08 PM
    Got a fix :confused: . I parked my girl in a heated garage over night so I could find this problem an install a remote start an alarm . And wouldn't you know it the grounding problem was gone :( go figure but the bad thing is I know it will come back .So just build yourself a nice big shop heat it and your all good :rolleyes: If it has to b put in a garage Y the hell would i need a remote start anyway as I can see it I washed my baby the day it all started at 1 of those places with the under truck washers that's when it all started will still have to fix it but we know it is a wiring problem not a junction block or central time or the radio just a bad wire some where an it seems to me that it would be outside (just a geuss for now ) :cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 dodge ram radio install [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I am putting a radio in a 99 dodge ram 1500 with a factory amp the wiring harness I bought from scotche does not seem to work right the amp will not turn on unless I have the plug with all the speaker wires unplugged and then jumper the power to the amp. I called scotche and they said...

Wal-mart Radio [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the number to walmart radio, you know so I can do a couple of shout outs myself. Thank you, ladygem;)

On the Radio [ 4 Answers ]

We just got notified that my wife's Christmas album ( from last year) is being used on the play list of the "General Electric" Christmas special. I am not sure what stations exactly will be playing it We got our notice from the station in Fredonia NY. It was planned on being aired tonight...

Radio to iPod [ 1 Answers ]

I've already asked this question on radio but I'm not sure how many people look on that forum so I'm putting it on here too... can anyone tell me why none of the radio plays, books at bedtime etc. are available for download? I can listen to them if I've got time to sit at the computer and do it...

Am radio [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Nissan Sentra (1994). The car radio has been fine until a short time ago. Now there is strong static on all the AM stations; the FM stations are clear. Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem? Thanks -sonoma

View more questions Search