Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaSer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 08:15 AM
    US citizen married a Cuban but.
    I have some big issues that I need help with... I married a Cuban guy & he's been a resident for almost 8yrs. He never wanted to apply for the citizenship but I wanted him to do so because of all the changes w/ Immigration Law. The problem is that he committed a felony & got 5 yrs probation - 2 w/ supervision, 3 w/o (no conviction, only a withold). They told us that if he applies for citizenship or renews his residency he''ll get "deported" because of this problem, but Cuba does not have an immigration agreement w/ USA, so it was my understanding that until that happens deportation would not be completed.

Now, the question. If he gets "deported" but not to Cuba because there is no agreement because the two countries, would he be kept in jail. If so, for how long & what can I do to prevent that? We are going to ask for an executive forgiveness (clemency): what are the changes that we will get it and when can I ask for it? Will it help to get him to be an american citizen?

Thanks. God bless.
    Mua 1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 12:52 AM
    It can take up to 10 years for someone like him to get his American citizenship, do not waste your time applying

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married to US citizen [ 3 Answers ]

I have unusual case. Currently I am: 1. Under deportation proceeding 2. Married to US citizen 3. Have an approved I-130 4. Have sent an I-485 change of status along with I-765 (work permit) 5. Have done fingerprinting for work permit. 6. Have filed for termination of deportation...

L-1 Visa Married to US Citizen [ 1 Answers ]

My spouse entered the US 10/24/05 as a L-1 Visa holder (filed 1040NR for 2005) and having remained in the US since then, we were married 11/1/06. I am a US born citizen with a dependent child - my spouse has no income outside of the US at this time. Can we file our taxes on form 1040 Married...

Married to an US citizen - How do I become a citizen myself [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Experts: I married a US citizen, and I want to become a US citizen myself. We both don't live in the US at the moment and are not planning on living there either. Is that possible? What do I have to do and where can I find information about this? Thanks so much! Kiesel

View more questions Search