Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dobberz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 11:00 AM
    Fan Motor or Blower Motor? Trane XB80
    Outside fan motor clicks and hums - are the fan motor (outside) and blower motor (to circulate the air) tied together? i.e. if one is out, neither will work?

If so - how do you diagnose which motor is out?

This is on a Trane XB80 Furnace & Air Conditioner

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xv90 blower motor doesn't. Motor is free, unit is 7 years, not t-stat. Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I believe I have troubleshot this down to either the blower motor or their Integrated Controller board. 120VAC to motor OK but too many other wires from board to motor for motor control to test (variable speed) without advice or a manual. Motor is rated for 100% duty cycle and has only been run...

Trane replacement blower motor? [ 0 Answers ]

What universal blower motor is compartible with the trane mot6359

Trane condenser fan motor to A.O.Smith condenser fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The Condenser fan motor I removed from a Trane unit had four wires 1 black, 1red, 1brown and . The black wire went directly to #3 on the relay, the red wire went to the capacitor with black wire from #6 on the relay the brown wire went alone to the other side of the capacitor. I purchased...

HVAC Trane xv80 blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

Trane XV80 Installed 2002 My blower does not come on; I turned t-stat to fan only; fan motor felt cold to touch and turns freely when spyn: defeateded the safety switch on front; checked voltage at the leads from the circuit board to fan motor for the white and black leads(124 v); Should I...

Squeaky Trane Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed last night that my Trane furnace was squeaking like a cricket when the air conditioner was running. Then every so often it would make an awful squealing sound like maybe a motor was getting stuck and unable to turn. From reading other posts I'm guessing that I might have a bearing or belt...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.