Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauamcgee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 06:49 AM
    Divorce and annulment
    Can anyone tell me if I need to be divorced first before applying to the church for an annulment. In legal terms do I need to divorce or is a catholic annulment all that is needed. I do not intend to remarry at this present time, thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lauamcgee
    can anyone tell me if i need to be divorced first before applying to the church for an annulment. in legal terms do i need to divorce or is a catholic annulment all that is needed. i do not intend to remarry at this present time, thanx

A church annulment is just that - a religious annulment.

You still need a civil divorce or annulment in accordance with State law to be legally single.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Easy divorce or annulment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 8 yr old and I am 7 months pregnant. I have only been married since April 2007. I found out that my husband has been cheating on me for over 2 yrs. Also he slept with the person on the day of our wedding before we said any vows. For the past 5 months or so he has been in and out of the...

Marriage annulment [ 1 Answers ]

I married my husband on 01/10/06, and from day 1 he has always lied to me, we have never till this very day lived together or consummated, and I would like to know if I can obtain a marriage annulment based on this and also on the fact that he only married me to obtain his uk rights here. He is...

Marriage Annulment/divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 2 days and it feels like the biggest mistake I have ever made can I get an annulment?

Annulment vs divorce [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was married at age 15. Since she was so young, and the marriage only lasted 1.5 years, can she qualify for an annulment. We live in the state of Florida.

View more questions Search