Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzi_is_here2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Brown period
    I am 32 and in August of 2006 I got the shot. Well one month later I had a period for 4 months non stop. Since December I have had brown spotting or very light period since. It could last 2 days or 5 days and come when ever it wants. My friend said I might be starting menopause. I do have hot flashes at times and night sweats. Difficulty sleeping and very moody. Can anyone help me with this? Is this normal after the shot or is this something more serious?
    andrometa Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2007, 10:24 AM
    I had the shot when I was 18, and like you, I started bleeding heavy, non-stop. I went to the doctor, whose solution was to give me an uber injection of estrogen.

What it sounds like, is that your body is trying to figure out what to do hormonally.

It sounds like your body is trying to go through a normal ovulation cycle, but it can't. The brown blood is part of the lining that didn't shed when it should have. Your hot flashes and night sweats could also be a sign of a hormonal imbalance.

To be sure though, you probably should go to your doctor or obgyn and ask him to do some blood tests to check your hormone levels. Just to be sure.

Good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge instead of a period [ 1 Answers ]

I have been going through menopause for the last couple of years. I have just turned 50. Instead of having a period, I have brownish clotty material. Also, when it is time for me to have had my period, I experience excruciating pain in my back... to the point I have to go to a chiropractor. I'm...

No period, just brown discharge [ 14 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period on Jan. 21st and I am always on time or a day late. Wednesday I started having little brown discharge so I thought maybe my period but it never came. I have more brown discharge and no blood. Wednesday morning I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. Could...

Brown Discharge Instead of Period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm 19 and I recently have changed from the Implanon Implant to the Patch and on Saturday I took my last patch off to have my week "off" when I started my period on the correct day it was just brown discharge and it has been like that ever since my periods normally last 4 to 5 days I really...

Brown Discharge before period.. [ 1 Answers ]

For the past 3 months, at the beginning of every period I have about a day of only brown discharge. It doesn't have a funny odour, and like I said it only lasts a day... if that. I noticed that it started doing that after I had a yeast infection which I treated with monistat.. which was just...

View more questions Search