Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cam44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 03:04 PM
    White Fiberous Material being pulled up by our well water pump
    Hello,

Our well water pump is 35 years old and 80 feet deep. There are no trees around that area. We've had a plumber up three times this week trying to clean and repair our faucets. There is a white colored fiber material that is clogging all the fixtures and we're wondering if this is something dangerous? What could this be? Are the ball bearings wearing out causing the propeller to hit against the sides? We have a furnace that uses water to circulate and we're afraid this fiber material might get into this unit causing major damage. Any help or directions will be appreciated.

Many thanks
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2009, 03:34 PM

Do you have a filter or water softener on your system? I am assuming from your comments that you believe the white stuff is man-made as opposed to something biological.
    cam44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 04:31 PM

We do not have any type of water filter or anything hooked to our system. Our plumber has never seen anything like this material. We don't know if our well is drying up or if we need to buy a new pump? So far no one in our area, including the well people, know what this stuff is. We've never had problems with calcium build-up. It doesn't look "natural" look more like fine fibers from something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chilled water pipes material [ 1 Answers ]

As far as I know, the galvanized steel pipe is not recommended for the chilled water system because this system to be treated by some chemical. I would like to know the recommended piping material and surface treatment.

Furnace exhaust pipe with white material [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 4 year old Ruud gas furnace and I noticed today that there is white, flakey material coming from the joints on the exhaust pipe. What is this?

Toilet Drainage Blockage by fiberous growth [ 1 Answers ]

I have a middle level bathroom with hardwood floors in a 5 year old home, hooked to a city sewer service. Unfortunately the floor flange was not set at the right height when the home was built and have had leakage issues. I have installed an adapter to increase the height used extra thick wax rings...

Water leaking from spout when diverter pulled [ 3 Answers ]

In the tub, when the shower diverter is pulled, a large amount of water is running out of the tub spout, lowering the water pressure in the shower head. In the past, the "normal" or expected amount of water came out of the spout, but this amount is much larger. Is there a way to replace the...

View more questions Search