Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachparty06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Backed-up standpipe
    The standpipe that my washing machine drains into has suddenly started backing up and consistently overflows. I poured Drano down it, hoping to fix the problem, but that has done nothing. Any suggestions other than calling a plumber?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beachparty06
    The standpipe that my washing machine drains into has suddenly started backing up and consistently overflows. I poured Drano down it, hoping to fix the problem, but that has done nothing. Any suggestions other than calling a plumber?
    You have developed a blockage in the washer drain line that has to be snaked from the washers roof vent, (If that's not handy you can snake from the standpipe). After you hit the base of the vent or get around the bend of the trap put out about 20 more feet of cable. Test by cycling the washer. Regards and see you at the beach! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Backed up drains [ 1 Answers ]

We just bought our house and the home inspector passed the house, but as soon as we moved in, the dishwasher and the washing machine started to back up into the shower. At first it would drain out very slowly but now it won't drain at all. I've used declogging chemicals but they don't seem to work....

New Washer - Old Standpipe Backing Up [ 5 Answers ]

We bought a new washer 10/2006 and it immediately flooded our garage floor. The standpipe was leaking at the base anyway and I thought there was a clog so I decided to cut the old one off... augered 20 feet into the main line (which revealed nothing), repiped it and then poured virgin sulfuric...

Washer drain backed up [ 5 Answers ]

When my washer drains, it backs up into my nearby heating duct. My home is a slab home. Without tearing up the floor, how can I tell if I have a leak in my drain or if it is just clogged?

Showers backed up [ 1 Answers ]

While I was taking a shower last night, my wife flushed the toilet in our other bathroom and the toilet in the bathroom I was in started gurgling. After the gurgling stopped the shower would not drain. I used a plunger on the drain in the tub and it would not drain. Now the shower in the other...

Rooftop Standpipe perhaps? [ 6 Answers ]

I have read through most of the plumbing problems and haven't seen exactly my situation, so here goes. Here are the facts as best as I can describe. Block home built in 1968 as 2 bdr. 1 bath Addition of a bedroom and additional bath circa 1978 (fireplace too.. another issue) Secondary...

View more questions Search