Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused_love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2008, 11:13 AM
    My boyfriend won't sleep with me
    I'm 25 and my boyfriend is 33. We've been together for 6 months and are very happy together. In every other respect, we have a perfect relationship - both have good jobs, nice homes, great friends, close families, no money worries, and not only do we get on fantastically well with one another, but we're also very attracted to one another.

We're both aware that we're in this for the long-term and have discussed getting engaged, but the only thing that's bothering me is that he won't sleep with me. We're both fairly attractive, confident people and we've both had sexual partners before.

I've spoken to him about the situation, and he tells me that he's been there, done that, and now doesn't want us to have sex until we're married. I've asked all the usual questions - is he gay? Is he cheating? But I honestly don't believe for a second that he is gay and, as far as cheating goes, it's highly unlikely. He's simply not the type (cliche, I realise), I know that he genuinely does love me, plus we work together and spend much of our free time together, so I don't think he'd have the opportunity to cheat even if he wanted to!

We've been on holiday together, and I thought it might be the opportunity for something to happen, but - as usual - we did nothing but cuddle. We've never even touched one another, although I have tried to initiate more. He's wonderful in every other way, but I'm concerned that I'm committing to a long term relationship which essentially means giving up my sex life. There's no guarantee that if/when we do get married, the situation will change.

I do think it's something I could live with, as no relationship is perfect and if this is my only complaint, I'm probably very lucky. But I can't help feeling that it's a fairly big complaint... Any help would be appreciated.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:19 PM
    He presented you with the deal for marriage... it is up to you to decide if you want to have a sexless marriage or move on. A caveat: after you are married, your self-confidence may go south and hit the bottom without a sexual relationship with your husband.

Life is full of difficult decisions. :)

Best wishes in the future,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend won't sleep with me. [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years, in the beginning sex was great, every night even. Now he is never interested, this has been going on for about 6 months. When I ask him why he tells me he's getting "old" and just isn't in the mood. Meanwhile he holds me and touches me all the time...

Why doesn't my boyfriend want to sleep with me? [ 4 Answers ]

Let me set the scene: I am a 28year old, very attractive girl. I have a great job and, overall, a pretty fantastic life - I would even go so far as to say 'enviable' by most standards. I am engaged to be married. My fiancé is the most kind and special person one could ever hope to meet and after...

Any way to get a dog to sleep in? [ 5 Answers ]

My dog ALWAYS wakes me up at exactly 7am EVERY morning. I don't even have to set an alarm. Well... today started daylight savings time. Which means she wakes me up at 6am. Its also very annoying on the rare day I get to sleep in. Any ideas about how to get her to sleep later?

Can't sleep AGAIN [ 2 Answers ]

I always wake up around 3:00 in the morning and can't get back to sleep.. then I'm exhausted every night by 9. It works well most days because I get a ton of work completed many mornings- but then on days when I don't have much to complete, it's brutal. My mind races in the mornings with all the...

View more questions Search