Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papawdale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 12:56 PM
    State waterheater
    Water filling up in tray and running over onto floor. Cannot find where it is coming from.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 21, 2009, 02:14 PM

Shut off your main incoming line from city or well. Then we can start trying to find out what's happening.
    papawdale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Shut off your main incoming line from city or well. Then we can start trying to find out whats happening.
    Did shut off main water line. No water leaking around thermostat, or heating elements. Now believe that there is a hole in tank.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2009, 10:26 PM

PawPawDALE - I was going to tell you the same thing ,to check the elements and if not leaking ,then it has got to be the hot water tank that is leaking,and will have to replace the tank ; you CAN NOT REPAIR THE TANK:: I
    Know that BALLENGER WAS ABOUT TO TELL YOU THE SAME THING::HELLO B1 I HOPE YOUER DOING OK :YOUAL HAVE A BETTER DAY AND GOD BLESS ::F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless waterheater [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a tankless waterheater to replace one waterheater with tank. The original breaker was 30 amp and the tankless requires 60 amp breaker and No. 6 gauge wire. My question is if I do not change the breaker and wire, what adverse effect it may have on the water heater itself? The...

Early stages of considering a tankless waterheater [ 8 Answers ]

Just found this site and lots of information. I could spend days reading. We are considering replacing our 1985 water heater before we wake up to a cold shower one morning and are considering a tankless water heater. From the initial trips to the box stores, they all require a 3/4 water inlet....

Cleaning waterheater filter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a State Select waterheater Model # GS640 YBRT and I just noticed that I'm to clean the filter every six months--I've had it for two years. I pulled up the State Select web site and it looks to me like I have to remove the whole rim at the bottom of the waterheater. Could this be correct? ...

I installed a new waterheater and its not working properly what could it be [ 2 Answers ]

It gets hot but don't stay hot very long >Moved from Forum Help<

Waterheater No pressure anymore [ 1 Answers ]

Hey There, I had yesterday a new Waterheater installed by a contracted company of Home Depot. We had a 30 Gal tank that was releasing pressurized water and therefore we have been recommended to have a New WaterHeater. So, Yesterday the Man brought a new 40 Gal GE Watertank and he informed...

View more questions Search