Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjoan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2012, 10:46 AM
    Homeowners liability for non insured contractors
    If I hire an uninsured contractor to trim a tree in my yard and he gets hurt doing so am I responsible in Nebraska?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Yes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Yes - in any state.

Insured means more expensive, of course. It's a gamble for the homeowner.
    And signing a waiver of liability won't help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Yes you will be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homeowners association liability to vehicle damaged on common area [ 14 Answers ]

I live in a condo with an underground gated community parking. My husband's car sustained damage to the paint due to residue which leaked from the pipes above his parking spot. We sent in our request to the management company and received a letter stating that the HOA is not responsible to repair...

Example were a decrease in one liability and an increase in another liability [ 1 Answers ]

Journal entry were it shows a decrease in one liability and an increase in another liability

Homeowners insurance & uninsured contractors Accidents [ 13 Answers ]

If a uninsured roofer is doing a job on a home and they do not clean up after job isdone leaving all lose shingles on roof, and a person walks past home gets hit with debris and gets severely injured and sues the homeowner and contractor who is liable?

Contractors lien against a homeowners association in wv [ 6 Answers ]

I live in WV and we have a small homeowners association. We had a contract to have the streets paved in the Summer of 2007. The contractor did not start the work as quickly as promised and before the winter months did some minor prep work and patching and then kept putting us off this Spring. Our...

View more questions Search