Safe to induce using Fenugreek
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 6, 2010, 02:19 PM
    What does your DOCTOR say?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 03:15 PM
    The only thing that is safe to use to naturally induce labor is your own natural hormones.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2010, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amandamt View Post
    Safe to induce using Fenugreek
    Definitely check with your doctor as some women should not use Fenugreek. There are other options that may be more effective, but nothing will work well if your body is not ready for labor to begin.

Is this your first baby? Are you scheduled for a medical induction? If so, for what reason? Some of the "natural" means would be considerations if you are hoping to avoid an induction. Unless there is a true medical reason to deliver baby soon, better to wait and see if your due date comes and goes. Always best to allow for labor to progress on its own unless medically necessary to intervene.
    ambjuju Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2010, 10:54 PM

It can cause wheezing and even hypoglycemia as well as having interactions with other medications. You should check with your doctor before you take it, if he or she approves she can also tell you how to take it and how much to take that will be safe for you and your baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult sexuality - safe weeks [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard women mention 'im safe' this week. I know about sperm for lubrication, pre ejaculation, and there's always a risk of STD and pregnancy, etc. Ive gathered that a 'safe week' has something to do with the egg. Is this before a period, because the blood and egg have expired from not...

39-40 weeks pregnant. Is castor oil safe [ 3 Answers ]

Going by the date of my last period I'm 40 weeks pregnant, by the doctors I'm 39. Is castor oil safe to take if so how much? Can it harm the baby?

Induce Labor Myself [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to induce labor by myself? I have heard a bunch of different things, but is there anything that works DEFINITELY? I've heard about having sex, eating mexican food, drinking raspberry tea and walking... Something else I have heard is Caster Oil, but I have also heard that...

40 weeks and no labor [ 7 Answers ]

This is my first pregnancy so I feel like I do not know much sometimes... Reading has helped but I still feel like there is so much more to learn. I am 40 weeks pregnant and I only have mild cramp like pains and back pains, but nothing... I feel huge and uncomfortable and feel like I might be...

Complicated pregnancy and going into labor at almost 38 weeks [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently about 38 weeks along, and wondering if I am going into labor. A little bit of background: I went into labor 3 times already-June 3, July 10, and Aug 3. Each time, I was given medication to stop the labor (the second time, I was given a medication I took daily to stop contractions,...

View more questions Search