Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phreddy Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2014, 10:05 PM
    1/2 fifth whiskey and 10 beers/night for 2 months, how many hours?
    I've been drinking for a few months and slowly, (but quickly) ramped up to 1/2 fifth of whiskey and 10-12 beers per night, every night. It's been almost 100 hours since my last drink. What are my odds of passing a urine EtG.

And yes, I have a high metabolism but during my physical last week, my Dr stated I had high levels detected in my liver.

Any advice is welcome.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 10:14 PM
    If you haven't touched any alcohol, or anything with alcohol in it (cough syrup, hand sanitizer, mouth wash etc) for 100 hours, you should be fine.

What do you stand to lose if you fail?

Jun 30, 2014, 10:21 PM
    child custody case... wife is bringing a lawsuit with allegations. I've passed the hair drug tests even though I smoke maybe 2x/month. This is different though. Yeah, I fell off the wagon and have a high metabolism. 165 lbs/5'10", 30" waist. @ 5o years old. I had quit in '93 but since the divorce I let things get out of hand.

It's been 90 hours as we speak and I can hold off the test until 3pm tomorrow. That's what 104 hours?
    Pets Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 10:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    child custody case... wife is bringing a lawsuit with allegations. I've passed the hair drug tests even though I smoke maybe 2x/month. This is different though. Yeah, I fell off the wagon and have a high metabolism. 165 lbs/5'10", 30" waist. @ 5o years old. I had quit in '93 but since the divorce I let things get out of hand.

It's been 90 hours as we speak and I can hold off the test until 3pm tomorrow. That's what 104 hours?
    Experts say that most people are clear between 60-80 hours. So at 104 hours you're well beyond the outer limit.

Going through tough times makes it really hard to stay sober if you have a problem. I think you'll pass this test, but sadly I can't say for sure. No one can.

Maybe we should talk about getting you back on the wagon, helping you deal with what's causing you to drink at this time.

Is that something you'd be interested in? No judgement, no preaching, just talking, advice, and I will tell you right now, we're brutally honest here, so you may not always like the advice, but it may be what you need in order to get back on track.

I need to add this.

I think your kids are worth you getting sober again. Aren't they?

From what you wrote, you seem to feel like crap that you fell off the wagon. Instead of beating yourself up, pick yourself up and do what you know you can do. What you've done in the past. For your kids, and for you. :)

Jun 30, 2014, 10:35 PM
    I can't disagree with you. I'm not here to "hear what I want to hear". I'm here to "hear what i need to hear".

I know I can do it. I'd been sober for well over 15 years prior so yeah, it's surely possible. It's a genetic and psychological condition. This I know.

Thx for replying.
    Pets Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 10:46 PM
    You're more than welcome.

If there's anything anyone on this site can do, let us know. That's why we're here.

Please keep me posted even if you decide you don't want our help to get you sober again.

I think you can do this, but what I think isn't important. It's all up to you in the end.

Best of luck to you.

Jun 30, 2014, 10:56 PM
    I've always known that no one can "make" anyone get sober. It has to, in the end, be that individuals choice.

(I recognise by the way you speak, where you've been or are at this moment.)

Thanks for caring.

In spite of all the I'm facing, have to move in 30 days, lost my job today, (unrelated to drinking btw) ALMOST qualified to buy the townhome across the street, one car is broken, the truck runs, running out of money, pious wife is sleeping with my married son's best friend's husband, etc, etc. I just have to put one foot in front of the other and take it "a day at a time" and do what's in front of me. My mental state in spite of all this is pretty level all things considered. All I can do is all I can do. I can't change the past. Only take positive actions moving forward. Wish me luck.

I'll be busy at the lawyers tomorrow and then looking for a job, and taking care of other things. I'm actually glad I got let go on a Monday. It doesn't leave me time to sit around all weekend and feel sorry for myself. If I stay busy with other things I need/have to do, that's about equal to drinking to forget eh?
    Pets Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 11:06 PM
    I have to ask, because of this "that's about equal to drinking to forget eh?" Are you in Canada? If so, you've met a fellow Canada resident. Can't say Canadian, because I'm not one, but I've lived in Canada all but 3 years of my life.

I do wish you the very best, and yes, I do care. You have a lot on your plate right now. I totally understand that, I think we've all been there. Taking one step at a time is the only way to do it. One step after another gets you to where you want to go.

Stay positive my friend. That's worth more than anything else in the world. Negativity doesn't help at all.

Jul 1, 2014, 08:15 PM
    The only downside to passing the urine EtG test is she'll ask for a hair test next...

And no I'm American. I was referring to Dr Bob and Bill W.

Jul 3, 2014, 12:02 AM
    Well I stretched it out to 128 hours so we'll see what happens in a few days. What a way to celebrate my 53rd birthday!
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 03:07 PM
    At 128 hours you should be just fine for an ETG. Even on the high end of 80 hours you should pass.

Happy Birthday. It's my husbands birthday today. :)

Jul 10, 2014, 05:25 AM
    Well, my wife's claim for sole custody of the kids was dismisses today. I took the 5 panel, 120 hr urine, and psych app't were all good and at the end of the day, it just cost some more money. (sigh... )

Now the tables are turned as she was required to take a hair and urine, EtG test in 24 hrs. She has typically drank at least 2 glasses of wine/night and likely more than that in the 1 1/2 years I've been out of the house. So who, knows? Maybe more. The results will be interesting but I've learned my lesson and need to stay clean for my kids sake. End of story...
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2014, 11:14 AM
    It sounds like things are looking up. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will 2 shots of whiskey 58 hours ago show up in EtG? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a little less than 2 shots of whiskey 48 hours ago and test in 10 hours. So total hours surpassed from last drink would be 58 hours. Will I pass an EtG urine test? I am healthy 25 year old male 160 lbs and run 3 miles daily.

Can I pass an EtG after 67 hours. Drinking 4 beers in 2 hours [ 2 Answers ]

The 67 hour mark is the time I finished the last of four beers. I ate afterward and have been drinking lots of water, gatorade, g tea, and a little B-vitamins. I have been urinating frequently and I know I have to eat 4 hours or so before the test. I am a male and weigh 180 lbs.

8 beers EtG in 36 hours [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 8 beers Saturday and have an EtG today at 6 it will have been 42 hours without drinking, I drank tons of water and grapefruit juice. Will I pass

2 beers 50 hours pass ETG? [ 1 Answers ]

Had two beers last drink was at 1 pm Sunday. Have a EtG test Tuesday at 6pm. Will pass within the 50 hour deadline?

Will I pass a drug test in the morning if I drank 2 shots of whiskey last night? [ 10 Answers ]

I took 2 shots of whiskey at about 8 or 8:30 last night, I've drank tea all day and pickle juice. I may have an alcohol test in the morning! Will I be OK?

View more questions Search