Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janet1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 06:49 AM
    On-line dating
    Advice on on- line dating, my son has tried but not getting many replies. Joined classic fm, put on his profile, he is 510, keeps fit, own house, business and car, single, no children, 38 can anyone help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 06:50 AM
    Why not try meeting women in person rather than online?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 07:06 AM
    I agree... if he can't meet real women in person, and local... he's going to get taken advantage of and ripped off doing it online. Everyone online isn't who or what they claim to be.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 08:03 AM
    He is 38 and his mother is on a website getting on-line dating advice for him? I think that may be part of the issue.

How involved in his life are you? Does he tell you everything about his life? Is he being completely truthful about his dating life or is he telling you what he thinks you will be comfortable with?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 08:25 AM
    I was having those thoughts too... and I was hoping someone else would breach that topic first. I find it odd a 38 year old man was even talking to his mom about dating problems... much less soliciting her help.

No matter how good a relationship they have.....thats one of those awkward topics that generally isn't brought up with parents.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 10:03 AM
    Stay out of his dating life... that will help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2014, 10:17 AM
    Tell him to join a book discussion group or a writers' group. Most communities have one or both, usually meeting at the public library. That's where women hang out. And the older women have single daughters and nieces. Or tell him to volunteer several hours a week at an animal shelter, hospital, nursing home, health-care rehab facility. Meet women who are unattached or who have unattached female friends and relatives. After you tell him what I've printed here, stay out of his love life. (I have an unmarried son that age, too.)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 10:32 AM
    I bit my tongue with momma finding someone for a "38 yr. old son"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On-Line Dating [ 8 Answers ]

Is on-line dating effective? What are the best sites for a novice on-line dater? Is it wise to stay with just one site or is it better to register at multiple sites at the same time. Lastly, what is the best strategy. Is it better to be extremelly selective in picking out who I would want to...

Want to try online dating, but What to do if None of dating sites have enough locals? [ 4 Answers ]

I never had a GF. I want to try online dating but the sites I've seen only have like 5 women from my city and not my type. That's dumb. Why would I sign up to sites that have no one from my city.

Does anyone have any dating advice for dating your best friends? [ 5 Answers ]

We're both 12 and in 7th grade. We just found out we liked each other and so I need some dating advice. It's been 4 years since I've had a girl friend and that was like when I was smaller, and we just hugged each other and stuff, but is it any different now? Please answer ASAP.

Dating stuff help! Well young people dating [ 9 Answers ]

This guy has like me all year... he even liked me when I had a boyfriend but he asked me out a couple times and I finally said yes. But now I kind of like his friend. But I've only been going out with this guy for 2 days so is it no problem breaking up with him for his friend? Or has he been...

Teen Dating girl dating younger boy? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old girl turning 16 in September and I'm in year 10. This boy who I think is reallly cute asked me out the only problem is I found out that he is turning 14 and in year 7! Would it be wrong if I Went out with him considering there is a 2 yr age difference?? :confused:

View more questions Search