Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skerdude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 07:52 PM
    Why is my girlfriend confused
    My girlfriend just broke up with me because we don't see enough of each other, I completely understand that part. But she said said she still wants to remain close friends and maybe start to date when we see more of each other. But she's saying that she is so confused and emotionally distressed. What can I do to help her. I really like her and she means a lot to me.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2014, 08:01 PM
    Do yourself a favor and move on... you will likely waste time chasing her like a lovesick puppy hoping for the possibility at some future time for something that will probably never happen... EVER.

It really is that simple. Don't waste your time... its time you will NEVER get back. And since you will almost certainly never get what you think you will, you will end up feeling like a fool... while she moves on and finds another boyfriend.

She knows what she's doing... you are only hearing what you want to hear, and its not what she's actually saying. She's just trying to get you to leave her alone and being nice about how she says it.

I would be seriously surprised if she actualy meant what you think she meant....they usually mean the opposite of what you want to hear. People particularly when they are young....will do everything to turn what someone says in their minds into what they really want to hear....rather than taking it literally for what they actually said. People don't waste time crafting clever hidden meanings....they say what they mean most of the time.
    skerdude Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 08:11 PM
    Im also very confused on to what's going on. I really like her and she really likes me. She is always saying how once we start seeing more of each other (after this summer passes, because I am grounded all summer) that we can start to date again.
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2014, 08:14 PM
    And you ACTUALLY believe that? Bwaaaahahaha. Seriously dude... thats not what she means when she says it. I know women... she is letting you down easy. Take the hint...sorry if that sounds harsh....but she's NOT your girlfriend if she EVER says that.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 11, 2014, 09:02 PM
    She broke up with you. She is not confused she is just trying to be nice. She is gone, accept it.
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2014, 05:16 AM
    I agree... your EX-GIRLFRIEND knows exactly what she wants... you are the one that's confused here... she moved on... and is no longer your girlfriend, she told you this much in what she said... you are trying to hang on to what is now no more than a memory.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 05:28 AM
    Why are you grounded for the whole summer?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2014, 06:20 AM
    I guess one issue is how old, is everyone. Sounds like kids that are 12 to 14 and they always want to be friends, and do not know how to break up.

In a real adult world, the words, we can stay friends,, just means it is over, and they are trying to be nice and not mean when they break up. It never means they reallly will be friends

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about ex-girlfriend [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend were in a long distance relationship.. she had an abusive ex that she would always bring up as well and being beaten as a child by her father. She also has skin cancer. So it was very rocky at times and her mood swings were the worst but usually I would wait it out or she...

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Confused about ex-girlfriend [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I split up after a 6 year relationship last October. We where due to get married in July 2007. But anyhow I haven't heard from her for about 8 months at all. I have just found out that she sent my brothers little girl a birthday card on the 28th August. My ex is her godmother from...

I'm confused about my girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

About three weeks ago my gf(19 yrs old) of 4 years broke things off between us on grounds that she wanted to be alone and didn't want to be in a committed relationship. She insisted that this wasn't about me but her wanting time apart. She said she just needed some time and wanted me to wait. ...

View more questions Search