Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gphilemon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2010, 12:21 AM
    Condenser fan not spining, contacts pull in and there is a humming,
    Condenser fan motor not spining, fan blades move easily, contacts pull in and there is a humming, compressor starts heating up, is it the capacitor? Rheem residential unit
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gphilemon View Post
    condenser fan motor not spining, fan blades move easily, contacts pull in and there is a humming, compressor starts heating up, is it the capacitor? rheem residential unit
    The capacitor would be the cheapest item to replace first since most people do not have a quality capacitor tester.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane condenser fan motor to A.O.Smith condenser fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The Condenser fan motor I removed from a Trane unit had four wires 1 black, 1red, 1brown and . The black wire went directly to #3 on the relay, the red wire went to the capacitor with black wire from #6 on the relay the brown wire went alone to the other side of the capacitor. I purchased...

How to import contacts from my Outlook 2007 contacts to BT Yahoo contacts? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping that if I can import my list of Outlook contacts into BT Yahoo webmail it might stopping blocking emails from known friends. There appear to be no instructions for importing Outlook 2007 contacts into BT Yahoo/Talk21. I am following the instructions for earlier versions of Outlook, have...

Ceiling fan light pull chain won't pull. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix a pull chain light switch that will not pull?

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

View more questions Search