Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    s23paddu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2010, 06:15 PM
    Dependent visa UK trying to be independent
    I am a female , 33 yrs old , living in uk for the past 9 years.. I am on a dependent visa... I have no children. I am planning to take divorcée from my husband due to personal reasons.I am not a graduate or highly qualified to apply for Work/HSMP visa... I cannot go back to my country and make a living as I have lived for most of my years in uk... If I leave my husband... What options have I got to settle in UK? Will I be eligible to apply for Independent visa and live here?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 8, 2010, 06:30 PM

If you are on dependent visa, your status will be terminated when..

1. You are divorced, or
    2. The principle visa is expired.

You should file change of status to other non-immigrant status such as student visa or work visa before the divorce is final.
    s23paddu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 09:39 AM
    I acknowledge the fact that if Rule 1) applies then then my visa terminates. What if my husband wants to revoke the visa even before the divorcée, will the home office terminate my visa?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife got UK student visa can myself and our child can get dependent visa [ 1 Answers ]

Q. My wife got UK student visa can myself and our child can get dependent visa ?

I accidentally filed as an independent, when really I'm claimed as a dependent by mom! [ 3 Answers ]

I filed my taxes for the first time this year. I only made 2,000 dollars, but I figured it would be nice to get the $125 back. My mother claims me as a dependent, but at the time I filed as an independent because I did not know this. Now she claims that because I filed as an independent, she has...

HOW do I change from an independent to a dependent [ 1 Answers ]

My mom claimed me on her taxes as a dependent and I caimed myself as a dependent. How do I change it?

Independent or dependent variable [ 1 Answers ]

A researcher wants to know whether the mean length of the stay for-profit is different from the mean length of the stay not-for-profit hospitals. He randomly selected 20 individuals in the for profit hospital and matched them with 20 individuals in the not-for-profit hospital by diagnosis....

Independent or dependent? [ 4 Answers ]

"Hi, I am a 19 year old high school graduate. I currently work 40 hours A week and am notin school yet. My father told me that when I file my taxes to be sure that I file as a dependent so that he can get money, but then when I file as a dependent, I owe Money. Am I able to file independently...

View more questions Search