Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luvsummer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Discharge Papers
    I filed Feb 13th and I still haven't received my papers... Is that normal? And also do I have to have my papers before trying to get a credit card to re-establish my credit? I also have checked my credit score and it's 634.. should I have trouble getting decent APR? Thanks for any responses! :)
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 03:05 PM

Filed what? BK? What chapter?

Jun 4, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Yes sorry.. Chapter 7
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 05:46 PM

And when was your first meeting of creditors, at that meeting was there any request for added info, any additional filings needed.
    ** at some of the first meeting of creditors I sit though, about 20 percnet of people have to come back with additional info.

Have you called the trustee and asked them the status of the filing.

Jun 4, 2009, 06:07 PM
    I had my meeting March 23rd, they didn't ask for any additional information, if I remember correctly, they said my discharge date was late May.. can't remember the actual date.. but my meeting was very short and sweet.

I have not called the trustee, wasn't sure if that was a good idea.. but I will.

I've checked my credit report and credit score, having to dispute my Home Equity, it's showing as $0 balance in error, per my mortgage company it should still show my balance and that I am paying on time, my credit score now is 634.. do you think once they correct my credit report,showing I have a balance and that my payments are being paid on time, do you think that will make my score higher?

Thanks for all the reply's.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 06:17 PM

You may want to call and check with 1. your attorney or if no attorney the trustee.

Most likely it is just not mailed out yet.

Once the bankruptcy shows up on the credit report, I would say it will go down.
    The creditors will be showing "debt included in bankruptcy" on your report.

You can not get new credit officially until you get your discharge.

And I will be blunt in gods name why do you want a credit card, you just got out of bankrutpcy you should be thinkig about paying cash for everything, not going further into debt before your discharge is even final.

But you will not even get better bad interest rates for at least 1 to 1 1/2 years after bankruptcy

Jun 4, 2009, 06:21 PM
    I was told that getting a credit card would be a good way to establish my credit, I only will use it for gas and small stuff like that and pay it off every month. I am paying cash for everything right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Obtain Bankruptcy Discharge Papers for Free [ 7 Answers ]

I am applying for a position at a financial company. As part of the application, they require discharge papers for former bankruptcy. I cannot find mine as I have moved several times. Is there a way that I can obtain these for free?

Late period, mild cramping, white discharge, negative test, small dark discharge (1X) [ 8 Answers ]

No signs of pregnancy except for missed period... I think. I have a weird cycle; it moves all around the month. I only think it's late because I remember I had it during a big event. Took two tests Saturday and Monday. Chugged water before hand on the first. The second was late Saturday night...

Discharge Bankruptcy Papers [ 9 Answers ]

How Long Does It Take After The Last Bankruptcy Payment Have Been Made? I Had 36 Months To Pay The Debt And The Last Payment Was Made On Nov 8, 2006 I Filed For Chapter 13 In July 2003

Discharge papers [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a copie of my bankruptcy discharge

View more questions Search