Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thunderbats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Hampton Bay Cameron II
    I recently purchased a Cameron II and have had a problem with the temperature that the unit heats to. The light kit itself gets extremely hot to the touch and you can smell the rubber around the globes melting. I have tried taking the fan apart, rewiring and then reassembling but it has not been effective. What else can I do? Thanks.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2006, 06:14 PM
    As long as you aren't using larger that the max specified bulbs, I would take it back as defective. How often do you read in the paper about fires caused by electrical problems. Sounds bad to me.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:49 PM
    What wattage bulbs are you using? If the light is working it wouldn't be a wiring issue. It's either an issue with the materials that are overheating, the light itself not preventing enough ventilation to the bulbs, or the bulb themselves being too hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new house that is pre wired for a fan it has 4 wires coming out -red black, white, ground. My new fan is prewired with black,blue,green, white, I also have 3 switches on the wall and the fan has a light attached after wiring this fan nothing is happening. What should I do

Hampton bay [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find discontinued hampton bay products? I need an additional Nouveau Art pendant light fixture and cannot find it anywhere!! Thanks!:

Hampton Bay Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton bay fan with a light and remote control. The room previously had a fan without a light. The wall switch (two switches) controlled the fan while one switch did nothing. The old fan also had a pull chain to change the blade speed. I wired the fan yesterday and nothing worked....

Hampton bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed hampton bay fan, I am sure it was installed correctly. However its has a remote control and the only way I can get the fan to work is if I turn on the light, no light no fan. Therefore I can not run it at night. :( :(

Hampton Bay Fan [ 1 Answers ]

My new Hampton Bay Nassau fan seems to run slow on high speed compared to my other fans. Is this normal operation or should I bring it back.

View more questions Search