Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayzie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Replacing a heat pump at the coast
    I have a 15 year old home on the coast with original dual lennox heat pumps. My energy costs are high in the summer and the ac runs continuously. The upstairs unit is not cooling as well as downstairs and often needs freon. I am thinking of only replacing the upstairs unit. Is this a viable option. Would this save me energy costs and what would be the best option.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 26, 2009, 01:15 PM
    The best advice I can give you is to get at least 2 estimates for the work you want done.There are rebates and tax incentives available also and the dealer can tell you about the rebates and you casn go to the .gov site for your tax credit info.

If the new equiptment is installed correctly your utility bills should go down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing contactor on our heat pump [ 5 Answers ]

My husband is changing a 1 pole contactor to a 2 pole contactor on our air conditioner. The problem is he is not sure which wires go where. Could you please help.

Heat Pump A/C not working after Replacing Honeywell T841A w/Hunter 4460 [ 1 Answers ]

Heat seems to work fine, although fan continued to run after outside unit shut down and heat always seems to use heat strips in air exchange unit. A/C will not turn on at all, heat pump or fan T841A 44660 R to RH O to Y/O W2 to W/B (W2 jumped to E)

Replacing Thermostate by Hunter 44260 (on Heat Pump) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. I currently have a Thermostate White-Rodgers that I would like to replace by the Programmable Hunter 44260. Current wiring: C = Blue W2 & E JUMPED = White R = Red G = Green O / B = Orange Y = Yellow

Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not...

Replacing 15 yr old carrier heat pump, best suggestion? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a high humidity area that has cold winters that can reach but not sustain 0 degrees and hot summers that can reach and sustain almost 100 degrees. I am replacing a whole house Carrier 2.5 ton unit; what is the best replacement with the best warranty for an 1800 sq ft house? I need this...

View more questions Search