Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmeister Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Identifying this Failing Component of my Furnace
    I have a furnace that is about 10 years old. The black component in the included image sometimes fails to start/spin. It looks like there is a transformer behind the black wheel. I'm able to start this wheel manually (when it doesn't start on its own). It buzzes until I manually start it. I guess I have 3 questions.

1. What is this component called (and is it a transformer)?
    2. Is this component general enough that I don't need a specific model number to replace it?
    3. What is the general cost of the component?

Thanks
    Attached Images

labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Looks like the one on my draft inducer motor. I don't know why it is there, but when the inducer motor runs to provide draft for the furnace, it turns. If the motor buzzes instead of starting, the problem could be the starting capacitor. Maybe your motor doesn't have one since I don't see any likely looking wires. The motor itself could be going bad. Find out the model number of your furnace and check with a HVAC supply or motor shop for a new ''inducer motor''.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship Failing... [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 3 years I'm 19, second year at university and living at home. She's 18, first year at university and living away. --- Since she went away to uni in September we can only manage to see each other every 5/6 weeks for a few days, and then 1/2 weeks...

Component present in every part of a loop [ 26 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugars?

Component in a loop fom sugar [ 5 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop. Such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar?:confused:

Failing to Appear [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 16 years old and I live in canada,I ben charged with theft under 5000 , anyway I forgot to take my fingerprints at the station due to my grandpa's death. Am I going to be arrested and ever since I got caught the store said they will mail me a letter with the fine, how I have not received a...

Wha component is present in every part of a loop? [ 1 Answers ]

Component is present in every part of a loop?

View more questions Search