Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanker278 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Husqvarna YTH2348
    I have a Husqvarna YTH 2348 riding mower with a Kohler engine. When I turn the throttle up the engine dies. What could the problem be?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 10:13 PM
    Hi,
    The quick answer is dirty carb. To expand, one or more of the metering circuits is partially or fully clogged. If the carb is dirty, then you can bet the fuel filter is too. There is a slight chance that the fuel pump is the problem or is contributing, but it usually has a delay associated with its failure as the engine burns the gas faster than it can supply it.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husqvarna help desk [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Husqvarna 2346XLS that is 7 years old. The right side of the mower deck is dragging the ground. I did not notice this last week so I assume it happened while parked. The directions only list the adjuster on the left side. I do not want to touch that because it seems the right side is...

Husqvarna Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a husqvarna model YTH 2348 lawn tractor with a Briggs 23 hp INTEK engine. It ran fine at last use and one week later when started it was popping back thur the carb on one cyl. It has 160 # compression on both cyl,s.(It does not pop when both spark plugs are removed) It has good spark. It...

Husqvarna help desk [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a HU800HW push mower and when I disengage the wheels so it can go backwards, it keeps locking up. But it will go forward just fine just having issues going backwards... what could be the solution?

Troubled Husqvarna [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2005 Husqvarna,model 2654, riding lawn tractor. My problem is the engine is losing spark to one cylinder frequently; so much that I can't finish cutting my grass. When you first start it, it will run fine. After briefly using it , it looses a cylinder. If you stop and go back to it,...

Husqvarna will not run [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old lawn tractor that will not stay running. It ran a few weeks ago but has spent some time in the weather. I get a spark, and can get it to run a short time with starting fluid. The fuel filter does not fill up with fuel but fuel does get to the carburetor, I detached the...

View more questions Search