Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missbrother9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Mean sister inlaw
    My sister in law never liked me from day one.
    She never likes when my brother jokes around
    With me.
    She uses her kids as bait,where me and my husband
    Can't see them.
    She uses her own brother and sister inlaw to get
    Her way!!
    She calls when she wants ababy sitter,but we can't
    Take them out for fun.
    My brother love's his kid's,but
    She will get on his back.
    She always is!!
    I miss my brother,it's unfair:(
    What should I do?
    Does anybody else have this promblem?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Well.. he (bro) needs to get a pair.

She might be the one who is acting poorly, but he (and apparently the family) has accepted this as normal behavior.

You get the respect you demand at best, and sometimes not even that.

And he allows it to happen. Rail on her all you want, but he lets it happen to you in the name of love, fear, whatever.

Sorry it sucks. Don't understand the babysitting/fun issue.

And who cares if she doesn't like it if you joke around with him? That's her problem.

My wife has an aunt who is just acid incarnate. She absolutely hates our side of the family, and all the people connected to it through marriage, etc. she's probably the most unpleasant woman I know to be around. So I try not to be around her, and when I am I know that it must be hell to be so unhappy in your life that you need to make life hell for all others around you.

Really, that's how I tolerate her. I don't bend to make her happy, and when she's off base and ranting I couldn't care less. Its almost fun now to know her blood pressure is going through the roof. Her problem.

I get it you miss your brother. He's chosen this path. He's not a victim. He has choices. He is choosing this and choosing to let this behaviour be a normal part of his life.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 11:56 AM
    It's a shame but this goes on in a lot of families. It could quite simply be a personality clash - it happens. Maybe you should just try to be there for your brother. But maybe too she has some trust issues, I wonder if trying to ignore what she does and try to get closer to her. Sometimes when we take the time to get to know someone things change dramatically because we are not so much on the defensive expecting trouble from the other person.
    statictable Posts: 436, Reputation: 34

Oct 1, 2007, 07:02 PM
    She needs a hook shot to her net. She needs to capitalize the "b" in the word Bxxch and I'll bet if you look up the word "creepy" in the dictionary her picture would be there. She's what some might call a "nightmare" while others see her as just a silly woman. Some might not notice this behavior at all. Take one giant step above her and use your time for more constructive things. Does your brother have the same feel for the situation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister needs help [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: hi I'm writing about my sister she is doing things that are upsetting my whole family she cuts her wrist and wrights on pieces of paper that she is going to hang her self and this is upsetting the whole family not only because she is doing this but because we have younger sister who is...

Looking for my little sister [ 13 Answers ]

I'm looking for my little sister that was given up for adoption when she was a baby. She will be turning 19 this November 10. Her name at birth was Melissa Ann. If any one has any ifo please help me find her. She was born in steubenville, Ohio. I was told about her when I was 10 and I am going to...

Sister vs. Sister [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago, my girlfriend's mother transferred (in good faith) the titles of her houses over to her oldest daughters name because of Med-Cal. The property has three houses on the lot in which my girlfriend lives in one of them with her two daughters. Now, the oldest sister has refianced the...

If your older sister dies are you now the older sister [ 1 Answers ]

The ? Is if your older sister or brother was to die does that make you the older brother or sister later on in life.

Medeling mother inlaw [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so here is my story I have what I believe to be a medeling mother inlaw .Please let me know your opinions on this matter.So me and my wife just had the birth of our first child a little boy .From the start we said no one in the room during labor.During the last couple days leading up to birth we...

View more questions Search