Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Istew4u Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Shower Stays Hot Short Time
    The water in my shower/bath tub only stays hot for a few minutes then turns luke warm. It is a Moen single handle turn (not pull out and turn) model. I replaced the cartridge, thinking that would fix my problem but it did not. I have hot water in the rest of my home after this happens. Also I accidentally put the handle on upside down and I had very hot water. There is an adjustment with H/C and I tried turning the stem but it doesn't have a stop when I turn it so I am not sure where I am. The Moen instructions are very poor. Any ideas and help are very appreciated.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 09:03 PM
    The rubber swells when it gets hot. Under the handle is a handle limiter apparatus. Adjust it to a higher cog on the gear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat won't come on and blower stays on all the time. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with a furnace that the heater won't come on, "not at all", and the Blower it stays running all the time, can't turn it off unless disconnected. Before replacing the Circuit Board, I will appreciate if somebody tells me what other reasons are there that may cause this problem. ...

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Second Zone Stays Hot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 yr old Peerless Boiler with two zones. The downstairs is very responsive, but upstairs is inconsistent. If it get chilly up there, we turn it on and everything warms up. The thermostat snaps on and off accordingly. The strange thing is, when the thermostat snaps off, of when I turn...

View more questions Search