Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katybug Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Negative HPT, no period, pregnancy symptoms
    I have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative. I have a 30-35 day cycle, I am on day 38, no period. I am totally exhusted, I have felt sick for the past two mornings, I am bloated, and I just about lost my breakfast this morning when I gave my dog a greenie from the smell, and I have never gotten sick from those before. I could also tell exactly what kind of wine my husband was drinking the other night just from him talking to me. Could I have taken the test to early? I am kind of freaked, this isn't something that we had planned and we do use condoms, and none have broke or anything. I am also worried because if I really am pregnant, I drank last month, and one time got totally smashed.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2007, 03:06 PM
    It is probably just too early. I normally suggest waiting at least a week past the due date of period, but 2 weeks is best. I wouldn't be concerned about the drink. I found out I was pregnant with my first 5 days after new years and I had gotten more than just drunk that night, my son is just fine. Your symptoms sound right, but some of them can be symptoms shown in PMS. Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Okay, slow down, take a deep breath. LOL

So, technically you are only 3 days late, right? That is not really late in the medical community even for the most regular woman.

Stress can be causing you to be late... Are you stressed about anything other than this? You don't have to answer, I just want you to think about it.

Now, there is no birth control that is 100% effective, condoms can (and some very well do) have microscopic holes in them. So small that you can't see, but sperm can escape.

Since you are only 3 days late you could very well have taken the test too early. I always suggest that it is wise to wait at least a week after a missed period.

Now, if you are, again, don't worry about the drinking you did. That little bit of drinking won't hurt anything. Just treat yourself as if you are pregnant now, at least until you find out for sure, and don't drink.
    katybug Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Well, still nothing. And now I am having weird cramps. I am trying not to think that I am pregnant so I will be more relaxed. We also don't have anything to worry about like money/healthcare wise because he is a military pilot, so that is another point I am trying to focus on. This whole ordeal is just coming a little earlier than planned!

Surprisingly, I am not that stressed. DH and I are all set up from our cross-country move, I used to be a retail manager, and now I am not working and just kind of taking care of the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Pregnancy Symptoms, Missed Period, Negative Test Result! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on birth control for about 3 weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I stopped because I kept forgetting my pill and had 2 periods in the month of April. I was going to start again after my period in May so I could get back on schedule. I had intercourse during this time while I was...

Pregnancy Symptoms, negative test [ 4 Answers ]

This is my situation: My husband and I decided to stop my birth control in January because I was having a lot of side effects. We were going to attempt the fertility awareness method and use condoms during the week of ovulation. Well the week after I stopped I had a normal week then I began to...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search